Wanted - wheelset

KenG

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi Guys and Gals
Im looking for a pair of wheels for my 2008 Cannondale F6, the original ones have finally bitten the dust.
Must be V brake compatible and capable of carrying me around for a couple of years!, i know im being picky but the more spokes the better as im a bit of a big lad ( 36 spoke plain gauge would be good)

Many thanks
:)

I think butted spokes are better, they distribute load and stresses more evenly due to their elasticity and are therefore actually stronger

Thanks for the offer bobgarrod, but ive just counted the spokes, it looks like theyre 28's, id be a bit concerned they wouldnt take the 18 stone im carrying!
Thanks for the offer though
:)

Thanks for the advice Dead Rats, i honestly thought plain gauge were stronger, i read as much as i can about cyclists who travel the world, a few mention plain gauge 36 hole wheels so i assumed they were the strongest.
Once again many thanks!
:D

if your after a hoffing strong set of wheels 36h with dt alpine spokes d521 rims or ex721 i think mavic call them now and a set of hope pro2 hubs ;) i havnt got any but if you look around they turn up on the bay cheap and more often than you'd think ;)

Dead Rats":1h691u93 said:
I think butted spokes are better, they distribute load and stresses more evenly due to their elasticity and are therefore actually stronger

Bah!
I was looking forward to smugly imparting this advice...
:oops: :LOL:

Apparently 36 Revs are stronger & lighter than 32 Comps too, but it's still 90% down to the builder I reckon :)

Back