Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:05 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Forum rules

**Classified Rules & Guidance - Feedback - Dispute Procedure - Gold Trader Status - All Adverts Need A Price - 5 Adverts Maximum - Leave Prices In Sold Adverts - No cross posting adverts**

Post subject: WTD: 1999 Hei Hei 18”
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:08 pm 
Retro Guru

Despite an increase of requests from other members for the Hei Hei….

I am looking for a 1999 Hei Hei 18” frame or complete… so please name your price!

I was gutted to miss out on an example listed on e-Bay in Greenland of all places. While patiently waiting to get bidding on the final day, the seller took an offer & ended the sale – even though there was no “Buy it now” option! I wasn’t aware that e-Bay sanctioned such activity. I will be wiser next time!
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT

Pip.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:39 pm 
Retro Guru

Yep I had my eye on that one, seller said he took an offer he couldn't refuse. Ah well there will be more! Good luck with your search

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:30 am 
Retro Guru

its_kirby wrote:
Yep I had my eye on that one, seller said he took an offer he couldn't refuse. Ah well there will be more! Good luck with your search

Yes cheers, I will keep on searching.

I asked for the serial number, which was KH18104 – so at least I know there are probably another 103 more 18” out there!

Looking at the e-Bay small print, I can see that there is not a great deal that they can do with regards to a seller ending the bidding early.

Quote:
We strongly discourage sellers to end listings early because it undermines the trust buyers have in the eBay platform. eBay buyers are told that their bids are binding. Equally, buyers expect the auctions they bid on to conclude successfully.

As the site is virtually entirely automated, I guess they have to accommodate the circumstances when a seller “needs to” end a sale early – like dropping a T.V. or something.

Anyway, I would obviously prefer to buy one from a Retrobike member…. Bump!