Mavic crossmax disc only rear wheel

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I bought this with the intention of finding a matching front, but bought a pair instead (now sold) so this is surplus as I don't have a bike to fit it on. It is in good condition, with barely any marks that I can see aside from on the decals. Decals all present, with a few marks here and there. The freehub is a bit loose, but this just needs tightening, and not something to worry about. If I spin the freehub whilst pressing it in, it engages as it should. I'd tighten it up myself if I had the knowledge of how to do so.

Wheel bearings are smooth and the wheel is true.

It can also be run tubeless.

Spokes are the flat bladed zircal ones, which cost about £10 each, so even if you are looking for spare spokes, you can have a full wheels worth for the price of £45, and get the rim and hubs free.

If my price is way off, let me know as it is just a guess as I can't remember what I paid for it.

Any questions, just ask.

Please post interest on the forum rather than via pm, keeps it fair and open.

Cheers

Ian

IMG_2799.jpg

IMG_2800.jpg

IMG_2801.jpg

Pics now up. If I'm out on price, I'm open to offers as I need to part with it to make room for a new frame.

That does look like the same one but I thought I got mine from pinkbike or somewhere like that. If that's all I paid, and to be honest, I can't remember, then that's what you can have it for. Far too many wheels have passed through my hands in the last year that I've never used as I buy them on whims, or have great ideas that are then followed by other great ideas, making the previous ones obsolete, meaning perhaps my ideas weren't that great in the first place.

As for the freehub, I'm no expert on these things but I think it is just loose and needs a tighten. I've only ever had to change a freehub once, on a hope wheel and there was an allen key that held it in place, and I think the spacer was pushed up against it (which was held by the frame/QR). The mavic one also seems to have a nut, so I am assuming that the allen bolt (if indeed there is one) needs tightening after the nut has been done up, holding it all in place.

Make sense?

Back