Schwinn Rocket 88 Stage 3 frame +forks -now £135

Moqi

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Really nice frame this - size 19" . Had this from new. Rides really nice -one of my all time favourite bikes. - hardly any bob and fairly light. This is the 2000 frame - which had the slightly dodgy bottom bracket suspension design. These bearings were replaced with the later design and are new.

The shock is a Stratos which is an air assisted spring design. I bought this in 2002 and the shock cost £350 - gulp. Masses of adjustment on this shock.

Headset included, but needs a good clean and regrease.

Includes seatpost - a Ritchey.

A few scratches, but no dents.

Updated and repriced. Now includes Manitou Axel Forks (disc only) 100mm travel can be adjusted to 80mm

PLEASE NOTE THAT CRANKSET not included.

£160posted UK - paypal gift or bank transfer

price drop to £135 or will swap for lightweight disc wheels - splined disc fitting - 1600 grams max weight

Attachments

• DSC00546.JPG
    DSC00546.JPG
    115.5 KB · Views: 4,615
  • DSC00547.JPG
    DSC00547.JPG
    112.3 KB · Views: 4,613
  • DSC00548.JPG
    DSC00548.JPG
    112.5 KB · Views: 4,612
  • DSC00549.JPG
    DSC00549.JPG
    99 KB · Views: 4,611
I really like it fella,,a friend of mine had one of these bitd and was a great bike to ride, sadly , this one's too big for me ....unfortunately . :(

Good luck with the sale,,

i see. could see the mount from the pics. not sure why this hasn't sold then. lovely, rare, cheap, whats not to like! if i had a suitable set of forks for it i'd be tempted.

forks

hi jamabikes - i've got apair of manitou axels - disc only that would suit this bike if you are interested. 100mm travel which is what i was using.

bob

Forks added

Forks added - see new price

Attachments

• DSC00574.JPG
    DSC00574.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 4,274
  • DSC00575.JPG
    DSC00575.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 4,274
How bad's the headset Bob? You mentioned in your original advert that it needed replacing - are these the frames that had the unique headsets (ICBM I think)?

headset

It's not as bad as i originally thought.

Originally i thought it was borked, when i fitted forks i discovered the headset is in quite good condition. Everything was covered in old brown grease and rust on bearing cages. The actual races seem fine - they are not pitted.

I have seen worse ones for sale.

Its a semi integrated headset and uses standard bearing cages.

I would certainly use this headset if i was building up the bike - the most it would need is 2 x http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Weldtite-1-1-8-5- ... 563fc52ef0

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back