For sale - an under-used set of Pace RC36 Stealth forks.
I had these on my Global for a while, but bought some USE SUBs. They've since been sat in the shed awaiting a suitable build, but a year later it's time to move them on.
- 80/100mm travel (currently set at 80mm, but will change to 100mm if you like)
- 200mm aluminium steerer with star-nut fitted.
- IS disc brake mounts. I also have a V-Brake kit which is available for a few more £s.
- Medium/normal spring fitted (a bit light for me at 13 stone)
- Coil sprung & oil damped. The oil is sealed in the damper, so unlike the later Paces & other makes, it damps but doesn't lubricate. There are grease ports at the top of each leg to squirt into. This needs doing every couple of rides - or every ride if it's very wet!
- I'll also include some spare cir-clips for the bottom of the legs/spring stack.
Very good condition, if you look at the photos there are one or two bits of cable rub, and a bit of paint loss on the dropouts. I've used black gaffer tape to put under cables in one or two places to stop cable rub on the carbon (see photos)
The stickers on both sides are minty.
Overall, excellent condition for a 2003 fork.
It felt great on the Global, but was slightly under-sprung for my weight.
If there is a downside it's that they don't like really
wet weather. But as long as you top up the grease in the legs regularly they are fine.
Looking for £90 posted, or £105 inc. the V-brake mounts.
If anyone wants the V-brake mounts separately they're £20 posted (fitted once but never used & still in box - these are £28 from CRC)
Also a set of Hope Open 2 brakes. No.3 calipers - so 180 front & 160 rear.
Used for 1 month, but then I bought some Enduro 4s, so these are surplus to requirements.
New pads fitted, and I bled and cleaned them (inside and out, including taking pistons out and checking seals, etc.)
They are a little spongy so I'll re-bleed them before sending them out.
Including 1 set of spare pads and 160/180 rotors. No fitting bolts for the rotors though.
Braided hoses, no leaks, but slightly tatty looking.
For some reason the previous owner painted the reservoir top-caps silver, I've removed most of it, but will get the rest off before posting.
Too many bikes, not enough time!