Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:29 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Forum rules

**Classified Rules & Guidance - Feedback - Dispute Procedure - Gold Trader Status - All Adverts Need A Price - 5 Adverts Maximum - Leave Prices In Sold Adverts - No cross posting adverts**

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:02 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

I've been asked to build up a hardtail for my mate Ron's girlfriend on a tight budget... so I'm looking for a 15" alloy Hardrock / Rockhopper or WHY? So I think that means post '96? I think '98 was the last steel year.

Must have a 1 1/8" headtube and be v-brake compatible, and ideally have seatpost included... or be a COMPLETE BIKE in need of a slight fettle.

Others brands considered, but I trust these frames having built up and ridden a fair few over the years!

Last edited by Dead Rats on Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:24 am 
Dirt Disciple

Ive got what u ask, 2008 rockhopper in 15. Both vs and disc, looking for either cash or swap to similar modern but bigger frame (19-20') The color is matte black, no scratches dints whatsoever.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:33 am 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

ppkaskinas wrote:
Ive got what u ask, 2008 rockhopper in 15. Both vs and disc, looking for either cash or swap to similar modern but bigger frame (19-20') The color is matte black, no scratches dints whatsoever.

ok might be interested in the price is right! I have no larger frame to swap, I had a 19" Hardrock frame but I sold it recently. thanks, Al

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:21 pm 
Dirt Disciple

To be honest i havent got A clue on what it could cost, im browsing the torum from my phone in college while in class lol. What else would u like to have, its fully built deore/deore lx, suppose u would like the original speciallized seatpost, what bout front deore mech, 9sp deore shifterz, 80/90mm speciallized stem, headset, chainset (hoolow tek, plenty of life on em, not sure but something like fc m 57** series, could be wrong) bb, speciallized wheelset (deore hubz rebuilt with new bearings by me on speciallized rims, v and disc compatible) all parts immac and collor matched.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:02 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

ppkaskinas wrote:
To be honest i havent got A clue on what it could cost, im browsing the torum from my phone in college while in class lol. What else would u like to have, its fully built deore/deore lx, suppose u would like the original speciallized seatpost, what bout front deore mech, 9sp deore shifterz, 80/90mm speciallized stem, headset, chainset (hoolow tek, plenty of life on em, not sure but something like fc m 57** series, could be wrong) bb, speciallized wheelset (deore hubz rebuilt with new bearings by me on speciallized rims, v and disc compatible) all parts immac and collor matched.

Sounds good, I'd like...

a price for the frame including headset, forks, stem, ahead spacers, top cap, seatpost and clamp

AND

a price for the complete bike

...please. If the prices are within my friend's budget I'd like a couple of photos too! Appreciate it thanks!

www.senditnow.com would be my suggestion for postage as they only charge about £12 and they will collect it from your address so long as you box it up (they are Parcelforce but they bypass the PO and just use online booking, I've used them half a dozen times and they've never let me down)

Cheers, Al :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:05 pm 
Retro Guru

I've got a hardrock frame in 15" flavour, bright red, nice condition. It's the 2004 model, which was very overbuilt for it's spec! Strong as hell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:10 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

*AJ* wrote:
I've got a hardrock frame in 15" flavour, bright red, nice condition. It's the 2004 model, which was very overbuilt for it's spec! Strong as hell.

I know it well! I had an '05 HR Pro which they downgraded the next year as apparently it was so well spec'ed and beefily framed that not many buyers saw the point in low-end Rockhopper!

Are you selling the complete bike or just frameset? Looks a nice build in the pic :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:54 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Oke, ill stick a photo of it here in the evening, will hang arround to decide on what i want for it. I possibly could sell a whole bike also, it has a tora 302 sl.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:09 pm 
Retro Guru

Just the frame, but I've got a fair few bits to go with it.

Got a BB and cranks (no chainrings) got the seatpost, seat clamp, handlebars and the stem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:11 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

*AJ* wrote:
Just the frame, but I've got a fair few bits to go with it.

Got a BB and cranks (no chainrings) got the seatpost, seat clamp, handlebars and the stem.

nice, how much posted please *AJ*?