FOUND an external BB sleeve only! Race face x-type

Dead Rats

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Basically I have a Race Face X-Type BB that's designed for 83mm shell (ie the cups are the same as 68/73mm BBs but the sleeve is extra long) and my BB shell is 68mm... has anyone got an old 68/73mm sleeve they can let me have please? I think Shimano would fit and I can use the o-rings off my long sleeve is yours has no o-rings, thanks for reading! :D Al

EDIT Hollowtech sleve karma'd... BUT anyone wanna swap my brand new 83mm sleeve for a 68/73mm?

I think I can help you out. I'll hve a look tonight and will take a picture to see if I understand you correctly

Do you just mean the pipe? This is a knackered XT external in that size that I just pulled it apart on my desk at work and all the bits are on the photo.

Filthy business but five serviettes from the canteen have cleaned it up. Let me know if this is any good and I can bung it in a bag and send it over to you.

It does taper on one side which I think was the drive side and not sure if RaceFace ones do that???

dadf267f.jpg

BertR00t":1olnhqt8 said:
Do you just mean the pipe? This is a knackered XT external in that size that I just pulled it apart on my desk at work and all the bits are on the photo.

Filthy business but five serviettes from the canteen have cleaned it up. Let me know if this is any good and I can bung it in a bag and send it over to you.

It does taper on one side which I think was the drive side and not sure if RaceFace ones do that???

dadf267f.jpg

super yeah that's the bit I mean! the RaceFace one I have is symmetrical but it's worth a pop for sure... hopefully the ID is the same???

I always get 'the fear' working on external BBs ever since my old Enduro frame developed a stripped driveside thread (too soon after I had bought it for my liking!) so this has just added to my phobia somewhat.

MynameisCasper":2b1vp40o said:
I think I can help you out. I'll hve a look tonight and will take a picture to see if I understand you correctly

thanks by the way, is yours Shimano or Race Face? If it's Race Face it will be exactly what I need, BertR00t has been kind enough to offer a Shimano one

Latest posts

Back