2009 Shimano XTR M975 Disc Brakes - Removed from sale

EarlofBarnet

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Pair of Shimano XTR (M975) disc brakes

Front was brand new around a month ago. Hose cut to 900mm's long. Only covered 3 rides! As new, no marks what-so-ever.

Rear is also as new, but a little bit older in age. Hose around 1350mm's long. Pads in excellent condition. Again, as new, no marks.

An exceptional set of disc brakes. Light weight and powerful. IS fitting front and rear. UK spec right-hand front lever/brake and left-hand rear. Although I can swop these over if new owner so desires.

"Features:

• As standard this calliper fits with 160 mm rotor
• Super lightweight mono body uses a forged one piece design that increases rigidity and reduces weight
• Shimano engineering twin piston design provides the ultimate balance between sensitive control and stopping power
• Titanium back plate to the brake pads are not only lightweight but stable under high temperatures giving consistent braking performance
• Sintered and resin pads available to tailor performance to your needs
• Can be used with the ground-breaking XTR ST-M975 Dual Control combined brake and gear levers, or conventional Shimano XTR BL-M975 hydraulic brake levers
• Offset bleed nipple for easy maintenance
• Weighs an incredible 108 g

Lever: Possibly the ultimate disc brake levers offering awesome control and modulation. Choose the type of handlebar you want to use. The brake hose does not get in the way even with a very narrow handlebar.

Features:
• Ergonomic, powerful and compact XTR hydraulic disc brake levers
• These XTR two finger brake levers offer exceptional control and modulation
• The compact design of the hydraulic brake lever is created by positioning the oil reservoir on the handlebar clamp unit, in turn giving zero handle bar interference
• Forged alloy brake lever with textured finish for optimum strength, grip and reliability
• Oversized anodised alloy handle bar clamp bolt for light weight and rigidity
• The hydraulic cable lines are taken from the clamp oil reservoir at 45 degrees for much improved cable routing
• Easy access lever reach adjustment for custom lever feel and position
• Kit contains Brake levers, hoses and mineral oil
• Weight 194 grams"

£150

01022011472.jpg

01022011471.jpg

01022011470.jpg

01022011469.jpg

01022011468.jpg

01022011467.jpg

01022011466.jpg

Will include two sets of olives so new owner can cut hoses shorter if needed. Also included is a bleed kit with mineral oil. I can do this for new owner if they provide hose lengths required :)

PM'd back :)

I have a set of 6 bolt light weight Superstar rotors which I could do a deal on with the brakes if anyone was interested. 180mm front and 160mm rear. I didn't get the XTR discs as they were only available in centre-bolt (and my wheels are six bolt).

Back