WTD - Small hardtail MTB for young lad (26" wheels)

Dead Rats

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
My brother-in-law will be 12 this coming spring, and his parents are looking to get him a nice bike... he's currently on a 24" wheeled full suspension catalogue BSO with cable disc brakes.

I've stepped in as "the bike police" and told them that for money - under £150 ideally - they'd be better off getting him a secondhand hardtail with v-brakes (it'll teach him how to ride properly, less to go wrong, lighter etc.) and letting me set it up for him.

So that's the brief - a small (13-14") framed complete hardtail bike with full gearing, 26" wheels, rim brakes and decent front suspension. Under £150, as we need a few quid to 'pimp' the bike a little for him. Bear in mind that by his birthday, he'll probably be about 5'3", probably a fair bit taller by this time next year :shock:

Posted in the pre 1998 section too.

Cheers, Al

I've a small frame (not sure what brand) with bomber forks and an fsa headset fitted. Recently powdercoated in pink. looks pretty cool can do pics if wanted.

Still got my cool as Subway frame & a 'few' appropriate bits (including bouncy forks, narrow diameter bars/grips, Vs et al)
- mate's rates on whatever you need and for a few beers I'll bring it round & oversee proceedings... ;) :LOL:

Lots of matching red parts & enough length to grow with him for a while, plus did I mention it's seriously cooool...? :cool:

Latest posts

Back