Sold FS: Mountain Cycle Fury Frame – 2008/09 (Small/Medium)

garyoneill

Retro Guru
Sadly having to part with this frame as its too small for me :-(

It’s a 2008 Mountain Cycle Fury in excellent condition. Other than a couple of small cable rubs, as shown in the photos, the front triangle is unmarked. There are a couple of small marks from storage on the swing arm but no dents or cracks. Bearings etc. are all smooth with no play. Includes a Marzocchi Rocco Shock, also in good condition, no leaks or damage.

Frame dimensions:

• 18” (45.7cm) from the centre of the BB to the top of the seat post
• Or about 16” (40cm) from the BB to what I estimate the centre of the Top tube would be
• Top tube is around 20.5” (52cm)
• Head tube is 5.5” (14cm)

Absolute beast of a frame. Looking for £200+ postage (ONO) as it’s in such good nick

Would also consider swapping for a larger mountain cycle frame (Medium/Large)

happy to take more photos or measurements as needed :)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 1,598
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 1,601
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 1,586
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 1,577
  • IMG_6413.jpg
    IMG_6413.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 1,593
Re:

I have one of these in yellow, just checked and it is the same size frame. Darn! Would you want to sell the shock and bushes separately?

Hi, I would rather sell the full frame - if it doesn't sell in the next few weeks i will get back in touch about the shock :)

garyoneill":1zvn8bci said:
Hi, I would rather sell the full frame - if it doesn't sell in the next few weeks i will get back in touch about the shock :)

Cheers! I can see why you would rather not get into splitting it......

Stunning frame! Do you know what seatpost size it takes? Cheers!

Edit - should add I’m very interested if still available...

Re:

Apologies, I missed your message (didn't get an update for some reason). The frame takes a 31.6mm post. I still have it, if you are interested then drop me a PM :)

Hi Gary, just got your message - thanks. Not able to reply yet!

Re the frame - I’ve actually got hold of something else, but yet to take delivery; I’ll be back in touch to see if you still have it if I change my mind as I love the Fury!

Thanks for getting back to me :)

Re:

Hi, I can't find a chart / manual from Mountain Cycle but i read a few articles and tracked down the following:

• BB Shell – 73mm
• BB Height – 34.8cm

• Travel - 5”
• Shock Length - 190mm

• Head angle – 68.5 degrees
• Head tube - 13.7mm

• Chain stay Length – 41.9cm
• Seat tube angle - 67 degrees

I suppose it depends on the fork as well, I have seen the frame running 140 and 160mm forks.

Back