98 Marin B17 frameset forks extras SOLD

eldridge

Old School Hero
This 1998 B17 frame 19" (c-t) started off with the original shock works coil shock but after finding it rode like a pogo stick I then set about some improvements....
First was a RockShox Monarch RT air shock with some custom home made shock mounts, not only did this save weight but transformed the ride.
A set of used Tora 318 U-turn forks (travel is 130-80 iirc) which are super plush and on longest travel slackens the head angle and makes it ride like a modern trail bike. (The domain decals are just stickers, and lowers have had a home spray job but pretty good finish)
A 70mm Boardman stem with an FSA Orbit MX headset finishes it off, oh and the original 30.0 seatpost included, and the original shock but would need new bushes. Note it has the odd 70mm rear disc mount but with an IS adapter

IMG-4424.jpg

IMG-4427.jpg

IMG-4422.jpg

IMG-4425.jpg

IMG-4426.jpg

IMG-4423.jpg

IMG-4419.jpg

Pricing is difficult for me as I appreciate these old beauties don't hold much value, all I can say is it really rides so well and if it wasn't for making the jump to 27.5 I would hang on to it, that said if it doesn't sell I can hang it on the wall!

£125 posted within UK or £100 if collected from WF8

Usual rules please - Dibs here first followed by pm please, Paypal gift or add the fees

Pictured below with wheels in just for demonstration purposes so you can see angles. Wheels not included! However I have had them listed on here seperately so if interested we could look at a bundle price for the lot.

IMG-4407.jpg

IMG-4408.jpg

IMG-4410.jpg

Back