FS: Mystery Pace RC31 C-Type forks

mynchiboy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Here is a slightly mysterious set of RC31's.. I bought these recently on a bit of a whim thinking they had 420mm legs, but they once again turned out to be 440mm, so they're not right for my build :(

So why mysterious you say? The thing is that that have the C-type titanium decal on the upper legs that appear to be factory applied, but the remaining fork details pointed to the 'normal' RC31 with steel inserts. I recently contacted Pace support who advised me to check the crown spigot (pictured) with a magnet to see if it was steel or Ti, the magnet seems to suggest Ti!

Condition wise they are pretty good, the crown shows no signs of cable rub or bubbling paint. The worse marks are to the lacquer inside of one lower leg but it's nothing too bad. The dropouts have been repainted in matt black by the previous owner, which looks like a tidy job - no signs of cracks or damage there. Steerer length is 185mm and the rather natty carbon top cap will be included :)

I'll say £110.00 posted in the UK for these. Pictures below...

Attachments

• pace4.JPG
    pace4.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 528
  • pace3.JPG
    pace3.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 529
  • pace22.JPG
    pace22.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 528
  • pace2.JPG
    pace2.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 526
  • pace1.JPG
    pace1.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 527
Re:

Someone has a wanted ad for a set of these. Worth checking as they've been looking a while.

Re:

The crown spigot the Pace guy mentioned is under the top cap of the carbon leg, what you've pictured is the steerer tube which is aluminium and therefore non magnetic.

Re:

baldric 75":352c9ztf said:
The crown spigot the Pace guy mentioned is under the top cap of the carbon leg, what you've pictured is the steerer tube which is aluminium and therefore non magnetic.

You're right..my mistake - I added the wrong image to the listing :facepalm:

The spigots on these definitely are not magnetic, I did the very same test on both these and my other RC31's, as pictured below, using a computer wheel magnet.

Hope this clears up the confusion!

Attachments

• IMG_4941.JPG
    IMG_4941.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 343
Back