Marzocchi Bomber Z1 Bam 100mm travel (Orange)

Joebristol

Dirt Disciple
As above, I’ve got a pair of the classic Orange Marzocchi Bomber Z1 Bams to sell.

100mm travel
Adjustable preload
Adjustable rebound damping
Coil springs / oil bath damping
9mm QR dropouts
IS disc brake mount
V Brake bosses
Straight 1 1/8th steerer - 196mm long

I think they are 1998 model forks - the casting in the legs say 97 on them - in my mind the casting date is always the year before they were sold.

They work well enough - the seals are holding oil without leaks and you can get full travel. The rebound adjustment works, as do the preload adjusters. I assume they have standard springs in them.

Stanchions are in good condition - although the lower legs have some scratches from use as you’d expect.

The only slightly unusual thing is one of the preload dials is blue and one is black. Standard they’re both normally blue on this model of fork.

Would prefer them collected from Bristol / I could deliver close by if needed. I don’t have a fork box to be able to post them.

£95

qweoaEU.jpg

Re:

Good luck with the sale mate but have you actually had an is caliper mounted? I only ask as I have a set of the same forks same year and the disc mount is not “is” it’s a formula mount or hope number 4 caliper will fit.

Re:

It’s an IS mount I believe - I think the year before was the one with the odd spacing. I’ve had Sram guides and Shimano Deore m535 calipers mounted up to it with a normal IS to post mount bracket.

Edit - a bit of googling suggests it’s the version before mine that had formula spacing (48.5mm vs 5m IS). Mine has IS spacing per the advert.

Re:

Ahh cool I bought mine in 97 so must be 96 forks. I only asked because I only found this out recently as up until then I had the hope brake I bought with the forks fitted and so just assumed it was is, only when I tried to fit a newer caliper did I find out it’s different.

Latest posts

Back