schwinn rocket 88 complete bike or frame only.

Moqi

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I've had this from new. Couple of years ago i refurbished this - new wheels, new seals in forks etc- rode it 10 miles - been sat in my shed ever since. Size medium - 18" seat tube. Set up for me at 5' 10"

Frame has various scratches and scruffs consistent with a bike from 2000. The bottom pivoting swingarm bushes (pivot round bottom bracket) were replaced 10 miles ago (these are still available). The shock is a combined air and spring stratos one that cost over £300 when new. The front forks are marzocchi air forks from around 2000/2001 - the oil seals were replaced 10 miles ago as was the oil- no problems with these, work fine. The drivetrain is deore cranks (square taper) - thats probably done less than 500 miles. Front derailleur is deore. Rear derailleur is xt as is the cassette(9 speed) The chain was brand new about 25 miles ago and is a kmc slotted in bright nickel. the controls are dual brake/shifter deore - original- some wear where bike stood upside down.Left shifter is a bit vague and sticky in action - will give it a good spray with wd40. Handlebars easton carbon fibre monkeybars. Pedals are dmr v8s. Seatpost - ritchey. Stem - kore

Wheels are Bontrager race lights that have done 10 miles from new - were nos when i bought them. These are equipped with DT swiss hubs (cerit/370 hubs) with sealed bearings. These are non disc and a cracking set of wheels with minimal mileage. The tyres are ritchey z max - they look at first glance as much better than they actually are - they have been sprayed with silicone spray - they are actually cracked and quite dry and probably only good for a garage queen.

Brakes - avis arch rival at front - avid single digit 5 at rear. saddle is charge fabric that looks more orange in real life and has a small nick at the front.

All in all a damn good example of one of the first full suspension bikes to actually work well. Need to remount the crank arms as they are skewwiff at moment.

i don't want to break this yet for parts unless someone wants the frame and shock. Please don't ask unless you want the frame and shock. I don't do dibs or any other nonsense. Timewasters will be treated with contempt. Although i prefer collection (i'm in ipswich) I'm prepared to post at cost.

I'll put it up here for £350 paypal gift collected - its worth that at least in parts.
DSCN2460.jpg

DSCN2459.jpg

DSCN2458.jpg

DSCN2457.jpg

DSCN2456.jpg

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g354/bobgerbil/DSCN2455.jpg[img]
[img]http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g354/bobgerbil/DSCN2454.jpg
DSCN2453.jpg

DSCN2452.jpg

DSCN2451.jpg

Re:

as no interest in this as a complete bike - frame only is an option at £100 + postage

Re:

re previous - i am averse to sending parts abroad in any case unless absolutely necessary.

Re:

Can I be treated with contempt please. It might help my scurvy ;-)

Being serious though (if you actually found my joke funny at all of course) I would be interested in those wheels for my Trek Klein......shhhhh......price dependent. And I live just the other side of the border!

Thank you.

consider yourself treated with contempt. If the frame sells than i will split. Otherwise it stays whole.

Back