1998 Specialized M2 Stumpjumper Mango *Price Reduced to £250

GoodGuySi

Retro Newbie
Sadly the time has come to part ways with my 17" 1998 Specialized M2 Stumpjumper. Bought new and mostly original, only the forks, saddle, chain and tyres have been changed.

It's in great condition as it's hardly been used! There is a little bit of play in the headset, bb and rear hub due to bearing wear but this is easily fixed.

I'm looking for £350 as it stands, can post further details and am happy to answer any questions.

Cheers

Si

Attachments

• IMG_4497.JPG
    IMG_4497.JPG
    287.4 KB · Views: 1,186
  • IMG_4499.JPG
    IMG_4499.JPG
    273.9 KB · Views: 1,185
Re: 1998 Specialized M2 Stumpjumper Mango

fotorat1":1e8brp4h said:
Nice bike! werent these like £900 back in the day?

Oh, and thank you, it's been a great bike, will be sad to see it go :(

These are lovley - I had one in 15" and thrashed it to death (basically hammered it as a duel/4X/dirt jump bike with big forks on the front) - but it was probably my favourite bike I've ever owned. Looks so right with those forks on too, GLWTS

Si F

LongboardSi":1eotf87t said:
These are lovley - I had one in 15" and thrashed it to death (basically hammered it as a duel/4X/dirt jump bike with big forks on the front) - but it was probably my favourite bike I've ever owned. Looks so right with those forks on too, GLWTS

Si F

Cheers Si, yeah i bought my wife a 15" Hardrock FS when i bought this, always thought it would make a great little jump bike but she doesn't agree! :LOL:

Am i asking too much or does that price sound about right? Any advice gratefully received!

I sold mine, which wasn't quite as nice but had upgraded wheels for like £150 a couple of years back.

cce":3r8g59vb said:
I sold mine, which wasn't quite as nice but had upgraded wheels for like £150 a couple of years back.

Cheers, I did a bit of research and it seemed quite a few went for between £300 and £400 so figured i'd split the difference!

Will give it a week and see how it goes, then onto ebay it goes, was just hoping it'd go to someone who'd appreciate it.

Normally not meant to comment on people's pricing, but I think you'd probably get more response if you dropped it a bit. It's a difficult one, as it's in lovely looking condition, and to me the non-original forks are worth far more than the horrible Judy T2s they came with (got shot of mine when I bought it and traded up to Z1s).

The prices you see people asking for stuff sometimes on ebay seem more optimistic that this, but I don't know how many thinks sell for the prices people ask at times.

The other issue is that although they are still beautiful riding bikes, they are in that in-between stage of too old for people wanting disc mounts and slack head angles, but not old enough to be really rare.

I suppose it depends how quickly you want to move it on. Unless you are very lucky, if you want it gone fast you will almost certainly have to come down quite a bit. And would you consider splitting?

I'm not in the market BTW. Just my thoughts

Back