BIKE SPLIT: Hope, XT, Stans, 26" wheels, etc

velocipede

Senior Retro Guru
The bike has now been split (frame and forks sold) - so please scroll down for parts availability and prices

I had intended that this would be my winter mud-plugger so the spec was put together with this in mind; low maintenance, light weight, easy to clean, etc

Pace RC104 Reynolds 853 fillet brazed frame in Marine Purple, size Medium SOLD
Hope headset
Hope seat post clamp
Hope mono-mini brakes (recently serviced so great working condition - levers a bit scratched)
Exotic carbon rigid forks (as new) SOLD
XT bottom bracket
XT rear hub on Stans Olympic rim - only recently built with used hub and used rim, hub fully serviced and rim totally straight
Unbranded front wheel, white rim (I think it's a Novatec hub)
Set up tubeless front and rear (Conti Trail King F and brand new Hutchinson Taipan R)
Bontrager bars and 3T stem
Race Face seat post, Syncros saddle
Raceface Deus cranks with 34t narrow wide ring (ring is new, cranks are excellent)
Drivechain choice: New XT chain, XTR 9 speed rear mech with brand new SA 9 speed thumb shifter and brand new Shimano 9 spd cassette OR Boone Titanium 17t singlespeed cog with Velosolo anodised ss spacer kit (new)

There are a few scratches and marks on the frame but no dents, cracks, damage. There are some quirks: The brake levers are the same model, but one blade is black, the other silver. The front wheel is not a good match to the rear, given that it has a white rim! Also, the rear brake hose is routed via the top tube and set stay, which is not what Pace intended with these frames - the hose clips are on the down tube and chain stay - problem is, this is a loooong way and when I built it up the hose length didn't accommodate this - when it needs a rear brake bleed, I would replace the hose but as it is it works perfectly and no need to change.

Selling as complete bike only - no splits

£400
Happy to sell with both drivetrain options for a bit of extra cash - say £40…..

hj4hsqJ.jpg

pQPMkCq.jpg

txpJIVS.jpg

2sBNV4g.jpg

jS0uCN2.jpg

3VcnCre.jpg

3hW5oEj.jpg

TWYn85a.jpg

Fi2gWV0.jpg

VuB0fq1.jpg

4BKeGkJ.jpg

RWEkPqY.jpg

zPiqd80.jpg

Zh7R2kN.jpg

FWPjPqD.jpg

YZyF0Sv.jpg

9YEpXPK.jpg

wIiUfIe.jpg

kLmlYgW.jpg

Re: Pace RC104, Reynolds 853 full bike in 1 x9 or singlespeed

Newer pics added, along with spec options…see above

Re:

Lovely! With a bit of chrome too!

Not my size, but I'm surprised it hasn't sold yet

Mike

Re: Pace RC104, Reynolds 853 full bike in 1 x9 or singlespeed

Thanks Mike, yes so am I!

It's a lovely ride too…as you'd expect for a good bit of 853!

Re: Pace RC104, Reynolds 853 full bike in 1 x 9 or singlespeed

Still here and I'll definitely split it if the frame goes first….

Re: Pace RC104, Reynolds 853 BIKE SPLIT

Frame and forks sold

Rest of the parts available as follows:

Hope seat post clamp £10
Hope mono-mini brakes (recently serviced so great working condition - levers a bit scratched - one blade is black, the other silver!) - £55/pair inc rotors SOLD
XT rear hub on Stans Olympic rim - only recently built with used hub and used rim, hub fully serviced and rim totally straight £40 (£60 inc brand new Hutchinson Taipan tyre, set up tubeless) SOLD
Unbranded front wheel, white rim (I think it's a Novatec hub) £15 (£25 inc Conti tyre set up tubeless)
Race Face seat post, 30mm to fit Pace frame £12 SOLD
Raceface Deus cranks with 34t narrow wide ring (ring is new, cranks are excellent) £70
Drivechain 1: Nearly New XT chain, XTR 9 speed rear mech with brand new SA 9 speed thumb shifter £50
Drivetrain 2: Boone Titanium 17t cog (it's not SS specific but taken from a Boone cassette) with Velosolo anodised ss spacer kit (new) £30 SOLD
Specialized Bar ends £20

Latest posts

Back