Specialized S-WORKS M2XX frame 1998, Small 15.5"

pstrauss

Retro Newbie
An iconic, high end bike of the era. (So I'm told - I'm basically a commuter and semi-rehabilitated road cyclist, sorry). Very good nick overall, with some minor chain scuffs to paintwork and one small dent on chainstay (all pictured). The non-drive crank is currently stuck in as it's threaded. Local bike shop has said can remove with special tool, though crank then scrap. Hence will wait to see if buyer wants this done or it can be left in and buyer can also take rest of crankset (deore XT 170mm - the other crank thread is fine and chainrings look fine to me). BB and headset both seem smooth so am happy to leave in unless buyer specifies otherwise.

Asking price £120 which is what I've been told by a MTBing friend to expect. Feel free to suggest it's too high. Or too low! Last one I could find that sold on Ebay (in US) went for $200 ie +/- £150, in similar condition minus the small dent. Also feel free to make an offer on the frame plus RockShox SID XC fork that came off it together (listed separately). In Bristol. Can post. Cheers

Attachments

• Frame 2 small.jpg
    Frame 2 small.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 912
  • Frame 1 small.jpg
    Frame 1 small.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 911
  • Frame 3 small.jpg
    Frame 3 small.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 921
  • Frame 4 small.jpg
    Frame 4 small.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 912
  • Frame 5 small.jpg
    Frame 5 small.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 910
  • Frame 6 small.jpg
    Frame 6 small.jpg
    256.6 KB · Views: 907
Re:

That dent could be an issue due to the nature and where it is i'm afraid. These frames cracked bitd. Sorry would have been interested for my son but will have to pass. Glwts

Re: Re:

Gaddmeister":1mnowqef said:
That dent could be an issue due to the nature and where it is i'm afraid. These frames cracked bitd. Sorry would have been interested for my son but will have to pass. Glwts

Fair enough, and thanks for the heads up.
Been offered £70 locally (though not sure if that still stands as it was a couple of weeks ago), so will listen to anything in that region.

Re:

Real shame. Lovely bikes to ride. Ideal for light trails for any wifeys wanting a light sunday afternoon ride.

An iconic, high end bike of the era. (So I'm told - I'm basically a commuter and semi-rehabilitated road cyclist, sorry). Very good nick overall, with some minor chain scuffs to paintwork and one small dent on chainstay (all pictured). The non-drive crank is currently stuck in as it's threaded. Local bike shop has said can remove with special tool, though crank then scrap. Hence will wait to see if buyer wants this done or it can be left in and buyer can also take rest of crankset (deore XT 170mm - the other crank thread is fine and chainrings look fine to me). BB and headset both seem smooth so am happy to leave in unless buyer specifies otherwise.

Asking price £120 which is what I've been told by a MTBing friend to expect. Feel free to suggest it's too high. Or too low! Last one I could find that sold on Ebay (in US) went for $200 ie +/- £150, in similar condition minus the small dent. Also feel free to make an offer on the frame plus RockShox SID XC fork that came off it together (listed separately). In Bristol. Can post. Cheers
This is it! Completely finished, sadly I’ve sold on again now but it felt amazing to ride.

Attachments

• 280B6A11-1E17-405B-864D-09F5E7238F0D.jpeg
    280B6A11-1E17-405B-864D-09F5E7238F0D.jpeg
    374.8 KB · Views: 14
Back