Cannondale Prophet frame and Lefty Max 140 + extras

bmbracing

Retro Newbie
Sadly having to put my beloved Cannondale Prophet up for sale, as lack of time and injury have limited my ability to use it as it deserves - this is your chance to own a classic handmade US frame in great condition and in the rare Cannondale Siemens Mobile team colours complete with all proper stickers and of course, the Lefty! 140mm travel F&R. Builds up into a lightweight and lively bike.

Included in the sale is:
Frame - 2005 Large (approx 19") with Manitou S-Type SR shock and seat clamp.
Lefty Max 140 SPV (Rebound, Ramp-up and Pedal Platform adjustments) with 2 springs - green soft (fitted) and red firm.
Front wheel - Sun EQ21 on Cannondale Omega 24-hole hub - super-super light! (Disc and tyre NOT included!)
Cannondale System Integration cartridge bearing headset.
Cannondale 100mm stem for oversize bars.
Deity bars, if wanted (narrow at 685mm and well-used).

Frame and Lefty are in great condition and have been well cared for in the 6 years I have owned it. I have tried to show all the few scrapes in the pics - burnished alu mainframe is superb except for some scratches on the rear of the seat tube, small scratch on the black part of the top tube, some minor heel rub on the swingarm, and the worst two are on the inside by the dropouts so barely visible - one on the right caused by a derailed chain and one on the left from a disc bolt that worked loose. The traditional smooth Cannondale welds are sublime. Manitou S-Type shock was a brand-new addition to replace the original Swinger shock - works perfectly with no air leaks and is very light - about 200g IIRC. Has rebound and SPV pressure adjustments. Two mounting positions on frame - slack and steep. Comes with cable guides including the BB guide for front mechs - please note, frame is designed for an e-type mech (a normal low-clamp mech MAY work but I cannot verify this).

Lefty is so stiff in a way that defies its look and that fact it weighs only about 4.3lbs - this thing can corner - other forks just feel flexy in comparison. As you can see in the photo, the all-important bearing races on the lower stanchion are corrosion-free and greased. Rubber boot has no holes/tears. Soft spring is fitted, but will include the firm spring too - can change for the new owner if required. The included wheel is in excellent shape and extremely light - both the hub (the axle is after all part of the fork!), and the EQ21 rim which is a mere 350g. (Tyre and disc NOT included in sale!)

All bearings (headset, hub, frame pivot) were changed in 2014 and have seen very little use since (hence sale!)

£325 the lot or nearest offer.

p5pb14958189.jpg

p5pb14958190.jpg

p5pb14958195.jpg

p5pb14958197.jpg

p5pb14958200.jpg

p5pb14958202.jpg

p5pb14958207.jpg

p5pb14958213.jpg

p5pb14958215.jpg

p5pb14958219.jpg

p5pb14958220.jpg

p5pb14958223.jpg

p5pb14958225.jpg

Yeah I've always has a soft spot for Cannondale too. :) After many years of drooling, this was my first - gonna miss it. Not really looking at PX I'm afraid, unless you have a 6" single crown fork going spare :p - keeping the enduro bike and the fork's goosed. Much as I'd like lots of bikes, I don't have the time/space/fitness to make use of them!

Back