sold

Re: Re:

unkleGsif":246xw75r said:
When they've been restored, have the graphics been lacquered over, or just applied on top of the black?

Interested if not lacquered
G

Just applied straight on top of the lacquer, gil can print graphics for these for around 17 quid per set if i remember right

Sean

Re:

Typical...been looking for a decent pair of these for a while, loved my old yellow and silver ones.
Always at the back of the queue. :roll:

Re: Re:

singlespeeddemon2":3d73scrn said:
Typical...been looking for a decent pair of these for a while, loved my old yellow and silver ones.
Always at the back of the queue. :roll:
only second in line mate, im just waiting for the last chap to let me know if he wants them :)

Re:

Cheers. Have you ever come across the bridge canti mount for these? I remember trying to find one for my old forks and having no luck then ended up fitting Maguras in the end.

Re:

Ive seen pictures of them but ive never come across one, Im guessing they didnt sell very well. Being a late 90s fork I doubt many people were still using cantilevers with their bombers as aposed to v's or disks. The superfly was seen as a cheaper alternative to the x fly back when because of its simplicity and lack of disk mount

Sean

Re: 1999 Marzocchi Z2 superfly fork. Black

Superfly was the X-fly.
Superfly was the name in 1999 then it changed in 2000 (and placed the valves to the rear)

It's also not simple compared to their other fork (hence it was the top of the range), the spring bombers where simple and the Air series on them where the same just better seals and no springs and cheaper.

Re:

The z2 superfly had just two schraeder valves for adjustment, It doesn't have rebound adjusters, or compression adjusters on top the legs like other z1 or z2 forks. It also doesn't have lockout or travel adjustment like later forks. In the scheme of things i would say it is fairly simple

And ive never heard anybody class the xfly and superfly as the same fork. They might be similar internally but if the xfly is a later fork, with a different name, has a disk mount, is available with different travel options and as a z1 or z2, then its a different model.

Lets say its 2001, and people want the latest technology of the time on their bikes... You could splash out on a brand new x fly fork, or buy a secondhand 2 year old superfly at a third of the cost but then be bound to using v brakes and 70mm travel. If you look at old reviews on sites such as mtbr from around the turn of the century, people are recommending the superfly as the 'cheaper option' for that reason. Whereas nowadays when they are both old forks they are probably worth about the same

Anyway it doesn't really matter im just trying to sell my forks! :LOL:

Re: 1999 Marzocchi Z2 superfly fork. Black

Is has adjustment for the oil damper, the adjuster is under the inside of the lower legs.
All the top adjusters did was connect to a long Allen key really that turned the grub screw in a plastic tube in spring or other air bombers.
On springs they also adjusted the preload, no need on air forks.

We're not talking modern tech lockout, negative air etc it was 1999! The 2000 X-Fly was the new name for the Superfly but with the air valves placed to the rear of where they are on this. Hence the Superfly became the X-Fly it is just a name change. It also gained a flimsy disc mount (snapped iirc, and the integrated m-brace).
In 1999 they where probably the most complicated of the bomber forks as it would still have been in 2000.

We're not comparing mid 00 SIDs to late 90s SID
Same fork but tech in the range evolves.

Travel adjust in most at that time was just moving tubes around, in the following year bombers until they got the lockout adjust they have now.

Like I say the next few years air forks where even simpler other than the Xfly, but worked well.

They are good fork, but not of course as good as something 5, years newer at the top of the range

As for the disc mount, it is not there as they where on the simpler spring bombers, these SFly where lightweight XC forks and so Vbrakes at the time still.

Yes sell, so big it up :LOL:
The enduro seals are 30 quid a go iirc

Re:

Thanks for getting back, but I'll bow out as I do already have a pair so if someone else needs them more than I do, that seems fair

G

Back