Singular Swift frameset - large

Stodgy

Retro Guru
Singular Swift Frameset - Large

Hello all,

Not retro, but has a retro vibe.

For Sale is my Large, cream, Singular Swift frameset. It is the previous generation version to the current one, and can fit 650B+ tyres in the front and rear quite happily. The pictures of it fully built show it with 3” rubber and it has plenty of clearance.

The frame is 3 years old, but I have only recently built it up and it has been on two, dry rides so is in pretty much new condition. There are a few marks, but no damage or rust. An added bonus is that I am very paranoid about my steel frames, so it has had a large amount of framsesaver applied to the inside of the frame and forks. There is some residue of this on the frame which I will clean off, but it does not damage the paintwork.

The steerer has been cut, but I only took a small amount off, and it still has quite a lot showing, as you can see. I was planning on getting the position just right and then cutting it again.

This is for the frame and forks only - no headset, but will include the seat clamp, all the extra bits you get from Singular for cable routing, gear hangers, and of course the EBB insert and grub screws.

It’s a lovely frame to ride, with a proper springy steel feel, and with the B+ tyres it is very compliant over rough ground. Or stick some 29er wheels on and win some races. It is just a touch too small for me, and also not the sort of bike I need now. When I bought it 3 years ago it was what I was after, but I’ve been so busy with the family that things have changed. For someone who wants what the Swift is best at - fast XC use, steel feel, classic looks - it is the perfect bike.

I realise the colour is not the classic swift blue, but I think it looks really good, and prefer it to the blue colour.

Looking for £350 posted. Cheaper if collected from Sutton, Surrey.

Email in profile.

Cheers,
Sam

IMG_1167 by Sam Hodgson357, on Flickr

IMG_1169 by Sam Hodgson357, on Flickr

IMG_1170 by Sam Hodgson357, on Flickr

IMG_1171 by Sam Hodgson357, on Flickr

IMG_1173 by Sam Hodgson357, on Flickr

IMG_1566 by Sam Hodgson357, on Flickr

Re:

Nice!

You say it is a large, but what are the measurements?

Mike

Re:

Hi,

What measurements are you after? I think the geo on the website are for the new version, but this is the classic with more spacing than the previous versions for large tyres. I'm 6'1" and it's set up for me in the photos, but I have the saddle at a quite low 75cm. Reach is, I think, 420, ett 620.

Sam

Re:

Cheers Sam,

It's more a curiosity thing, I'm afraid. As I recently bought a 29er, I'm not in the market. Saddle for me is 815, at 6'3

Looks lovely though, I'm sure it won't hang around

Mike

Re:

No problem. They have a proper steel feel these frames. Dare I say it, more so than some of the slightly overbuilt ckassics! I'm thinking tange MTB, but I think prestige is more springy. Love old and new though.

Never tried it as a 29er strangely.

Sam

Re:

Oh, and Mike, when is the next Surrey hills retro ride? Seems to not really be a regular thing.

Re: Re:

sthodgson":3d9aq51p said:
Oh, and Mike, when is the next Surrey hills retro ride? Seems to not really be a regular thing.

Hoping to do one sometime this year. Need to find someone with enough knowledge to lead it. I don't, unfortunately

Mike

Re:

I'm getting better at it - have a good route on GPS so would be happy enough to step up. Despite riding round those woods for years it's still a bit vague...

Back