For trade: Mk1 Santa Cruz Chameleon frame - NOW KEEPING!

LikeClockwork

Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Have decided to keep this for now, would only regret letting it go later down the line.... :facepalm:

Some of you will know I got this for a pretty good price off eBay recently, but now it's one of several projects that I have on the go, and the least likely to get built up.

I know the likely price it would realise if I put it back on the bay, at a better time and better described than the chap I bought it off, but wondering if anyone would be interested in trading it against some bits that I need for the other projects?

I've been in touch with SC in California and can forward those emails, it's basically a mk1 by the looks of it, '98 -'01 I think they said. 16", now well polished and has come up really clean, few scuffs and rubs, mostly in the SC decals on the one side, and from cables (pics are before I cleaned it) Just the frame for swap at present, not the seat post. I'll leave a clamp on it. 68mm BB, 27.2 seat post needed.

What I'm after more than anything else is some 4" travel lightweight sus forks, the likes of SID's rather than RST's, if you get my drift :LOL:
A snazzy headset wouldn't go amiss either, and if anyone had some old skool platform pedals....?

Decided to keep this for now, thanks for all the interest

Attachments

• SC Chameleon 011.JPG
    SC Chameleon 011.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 942
  • SC Chameleon 008.JPG
    SC Chameleon 008.JPG
    23.2 KB · Views: 941
  • SC Chameleon 006.JPG
    SC Chameleon 006.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 941
  • SC Chameleon 005.JPG
    SC Chameleon 005.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 941
  • SC Chameleon 004.JPG
    SC Chameleon 004.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 941
  • SC Chameleon 003.JPG
    SC Chameleon 003.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 941
  • SC Chameleon 002.JPG
    SC Chameleon 002.JPG
    27.1 KB · Views: 942
  • SC Chameleon 001.JPG
    SC Chameleon 001.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 942
Re: For trade: Mk1 Santa Cruz Chameleon frame

already? :facepalm:

not an unfair price I say. I sold a mk1 for about that last year

GLWS

Re:

Yes I know, it's just that I can feel myself starting to get stressed out by all the projects again, and last time that led to me going away from retro completely (albeit briefly :LOL: )

Would rather trade on here, not really wanting to sell TBH.

Re:

Tasty. Ive still got a green mk1 lizard, ace bike! Whats the measurement from centre of the bottom bracket to the top of the seat-tube? I would love another to have as a single speed rigid.
I will have a div around and see what i have to swap, unfortunatley just sold a load of parts at the bike jumble in manchester

Re:

Hi Andy,

It's 16" centre to top, 13 1/2" centre to centre, and actual top tube measurement is approx, 21 1/2", maybe a tad more..... (what SC would call a 'medium' I believe)

Cheers! Kaz

Re:

What sort of steerer length would the forks need to be and would a set of not much used Rock Shock Dukes be of interest?

Re:

Hi Rik,

Just missed out on some Dukes on the bay, so yes! Not sure until the other frame arrives, but I reckon steerer will need to be at least 190mm, at a rough guess. Oh, and I need something with V brake bosses, should have said that.

Cheers, Kaz

Re: For trade: Mk1 Santa Cruz Chameleon frame

Is that a hole in the corroded aluminium next to the bottom bracket?

Re:

There's a pre-drilled breather hole there, and the paint has bubbled a bit around it, looks worse than it is due to the flash going off....

Back