2003 Independent Fabrication Ti Deluxe - Titanium

miguelchedas

Dirt Disciple
Hello,

I know i'll regret it but i am not using it anymore, and it's just too nice to have it hanging on a Wall... :(

So here it goes:

2003 16" Independent Fabrication Deluxe Ti (v-brake still), including XT front derailleur and Chris King headset

Serial number: 168T314 (was built as a demo bike for an exhibition in the US, from what the guys from IF told me)

Effective head-tube measurement: 555mm

Head tube: 90mm

Seat tube: 405mm

Chainstays: 425mm

I have used both with 80 and 100mm forks with no issue, the geometry is classical 71° and 73° head and seat tube angles with 80mm forks.

This bike, with a 400mm seatpost, was almost on the limit for 1,77m height but it fitted as a glove!

Here are the photos i've taken: http://www.flickr.com/photos/93785943@N02/):

I am looking for 700 euros posted, but might be interested in some swaps for something more modern.

Postage is from Portugal and i prefer payment through Paypal.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Cheers,

Miguel

That is an insanely low price for a work of art frame that will last a lifetime.. But I would say that because I have one ;) and if this one was an 18" it would be on its way to me already :twisted:

8532374400_9bde2c95a0_b_d.jpg

Re:

It's indeed a lovely frame at a great price, but isn't it what IF class as a 14"? The last 2 digits in the serial are size measured centre to centre.

I have a 16" steel Deluxe and it's top tube is the same length as a 19" mid 90s Kona.

Hi Pat,

Actually i don't know how IF classifies it, on the emails i've exchanged with them in the past (as i bought the complete bike from a US biker via ebay) I tried mainly to know what geometry the frame had and what had its build requirements...

Even with my height and with a 90mm stem I fit perfectly, so i guess if it is a 14" it's a very large one! :)

Thank you guys for the comments!

miguelchedas":3dbnwzvp said:
..so i guess if it is a 14" it's a very large one!..
Seriously, could you measure it again and just make absolutely sure it's not an 18"..? ;)

:)

Re:

IF measure their seat tube CTC when referencing sizes. Effective top tube CTC would give a better indication on size. Nice frame BTW and a fair price GLWS.

Back