WANTED: Suntour Superbe Pro reard derailleur manual

altec

Retro Guru
Hi,

Can somebody help me in finding the manual for instalation of Suntour Superbe pro rear derailleur? I need it to know how to deal with markings on the derailleur which helps to assess the chain length. Please PM me for my email address. Scanned copy would be perfect.

Thank you

cheers!

Re: Re:

Blacktopdisciple":vscn9m1h said:
Don't know if you are still looking but I have a couple of manuals. Need to check the models.

Thanks a lot. I am still in need. Are you Suntour follower?

Re:

Yes I have a fondness for Suntour. I'll have a look tomorrow and see what I have got and will get back to you. I echo the other posters advise to have a look around the Disraeli gears website. Loads of docs on there.

Hello Altec

Ive had a look at my manuals and dont have one for a Superbe Pro. I have Suntour Vx and VxT front, rear and levers; Suntour Cyclone front and rear and levers; Suntour Cyclone 7000 and 5000 and Suntour arx and ar. In the first two manuals it advises that chain length should be determined by placing the chain on the largest rear sprocket and largest chainring and checking that the jockey wheels are at a 45 degree angel to the ground. It also advises shifting the rear mech to the second sprocket and adjusting the angel adjustment screw so that the parallogram is parallel to the chainstay. Happy to scan these to you if need be.

I also have the instruction manual to the Suntour Superbe Tech deraileur and the mech. But I dont think thats the model youre looking for. I have a Suntour Superbe model from May 1977 if you need photographs of it.

Might be better if this thread could be moved to the main road section or the wanted section. More people looking there.

Cheers

Trevor

Back