Wanted: Raleigh 1987 Ltd Edition gold Centenary scans/info

Percybigun

Old School Hero
Anyone have any brochures or other info?

I've just got one off ebay, i know it was the 1987 raleigh centenary (only 200 made, not available for general sale, dealers only), and that it has full 531c frame/forks and 105 groupset.

Any other pics, info etc would be appreciated. I've found a few threads on this forum (and others) thru google.

I'd be interested to know spec info aswell, such as what type and width of wheels/tyres/hubs/rear sprocket ratios it should have as standard.

Re: Wanted: Raleigh 1987 Ltd Edition gold Centenary scans/in

hmm, info a bit out there. they were available to sell to the public but only through raleigh 5 star dealers. they were 499 new and they made 100 of them (centenary)
they were electroplated gold with as you know a 105 groupset and iirc a turbo in brown suede. 105 clips and straps.
we had one as we were a 5 star dealer and couldn't shift it for love nor money (I guess 500 quid for a bike with 105 was too rich for most peoples blood)
other than that not much else to say, I would love one myself I should have bought ours but that was too big for me anyway.
oh you should have got a card with it saying who built it and the issue number (not that it makes any difference)
all of this is based on my memory from 1987 so could be wrong but I stared at it for a very long time until my boss ended up ghosting it somewhere never to be seen again :(

Re: Wanted: Raleigh 1987 Ltd Edition gold Centenary scans/in

Thanks for the info, thats all very useful to know.

I've seen a picture of the gold certificate on google images, unfortunately i didnt get one with my bike.

Heres pics of mine:

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=264784

Luckily mine is all intact and original, although the frame has some minor tatty areas. the only bits missing were the toeclips/straps (so i bought some new chrome clips and brown leather straps), a wheel reflector (i have one spare which is the same), and the rear wheel has a flat spot but i've sourced a replacement.

Back