Dawes 1980 catalogue

Dinnaken

Retro Newbie
Hi folks,
I'm restoring my old Dawes Galaxy, which I bought in 1980. It will need a second respray and new decals. Does anyone have a 1980 Dawes catalogue? I want to be able to identify the decals carried on the seat tube.
Many thanks

They've got a cheek, they say:

The material in this library is for private use. Please seek permission before publication or commercial use. If you claim copyright of library material, please contact the website administrator.

and yet they're selling digital copies of content they do not own.

Dear Robbied196,
Thanks for this. I've carried on looking for the last few weeks and got nowhere. I contacted Dawes and they replied very promptly but they were only able to supply scans for a much later Galaxy.
I agree that this lot are being rather cheeky.
However, I have managed to find a picture someone posted of a 1981 Galaxy. Apparently, at the time they were supplied in either blue (like mine) or brown. This is a brown one but looking at the pictures certainly 'rang a bell'. The three decals, from the top of the tube, were Reynolds 531, handmade by craftsmen (I can't find this one) and, at the bottom, an small Union Jack with 'made in Britain' across the middle.
As a bonus, the picture also showed the way in which the frame lugs were lined in gold paint.
Thanks again

Back