Claud Butler Professional 1997

Old Ned

Old School Grand Master
Another scan from my stash of old brochures. I thought this could be of interest as I've seen a couple of these on here in the past.

Interesting price too.

Personally I reckon the frame warrants a better level of components, at least 105.

Attachments

• CBPro 97.A.jpg
    CBPro 97.A.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 8,240
That groupset does seem to take the idea of "a good frame that can benefit from later upgrades" to the extreme. Did they offer it with better groupsets too?

Mark.

daccordimark":2x0ar9hb said:
That groupset does seem to take the idea of "a good frame that can benefit from later upgrades" to the extreme. Did they offer it with better groupsets too?

Mark.

Not in this catalogue.

Please excuse my ignorance as this is "after my time" but did the triangular fillets on the lugs make a difference ?

Just curious as I'm stuck in the 70's :D

Shaun

In 1998 they were yellow and white... and I bought one. I had an '85 Road Ace that was a little tired and I was sold this via the "might as well buy a new bike for what you need to spend on that..." spiel. Fell for it. :oops:

However, I'm glad I did. I still have both bikes in pretty much stock condition. Road Ace needs some TLC and some touch up paint, CB could do with some replacement CB decals but that's it. They're both nice rides and look a whole lot better than modern oversize aluminium and carbon-fibre offerings.

As far as components go, at the time I think RX100 was the same as 105, the difference was the finish. RX100 was polished, 105 was painted (or lacquered). The finish on 105 flaked though...

My intention was to upgrade the bike with Ultegra parts (or Dura Ace, I wished!) but I never did. It HAS been treated to a pair of Mavic Reflex 32 CDs on Ultegra 6700, still running with 8 speed though! Plus it also sports a white San Marco Rolls saddle... CLASSIC!!

TT bike, Sunday club ride bike, good old-fashioned (but unfashionable) name... love being different!

Ought to put some pictures up I suppose.

Here's mine

Nearly all Campagnolo Chorus, swapping the stem for a Cinelli quill, when i can bring myself to remove the bar tape. Rides really nice, love the lugs! picture quality is poor sorry.

Attachments

• IMAG0528.jpg
    IMAG0528.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 7,581
Another pic

Sorry not got the hang of the forum yet, here's another pic.

Attachments

• IMAG0553.jpg
    IMAG0553.jpg
    483 KB · Views: 7,570
Cinelli quill fitted

Got the quill stem as a birthday present, bar tape was the gel type with no adhesive so swapping over was easy. There was a Raleigh version of this bike just wondering if anyone as any information about it? I found this picture online but haven't been able to find out anything else.

Attachments

• PicsArt_1340817279288.jpg
    PicsArt_1340817279288.jpg
    236.3 KB · Views: 7,495
  • 853A-1.jpg
    853A-1.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 7,491
  • 853A-1.jpg
    853A-1.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 7,490
Back