Does anyone have a 1989 Ron Kitching catalogue...?

Rich34

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I know this is a long shot but I thought if it's anywhere, it's here....

Back in 1989 I spent my prized pocket money on a Ron Kit catalogue in WHSMiths and spent many hours (days?) poring over it at stuff I couldn't afford. I've just bought a Vitus 979 (which was in there) after all these years so that's something I suppose...!

If anyone has one they'd like to sell, please PM me. Any condition. otherwise, if anyone would be kind enough to scan the Vitus pages I'd be really grateful. I've looked through the Retrobike archive (fantastic!) and I couldn't see it there...

not much help

I know this won't help much but I know the one you mean and we had loads of copies in the bike shop I worked at back in 1989! I remember poring over those Vitus frame sets as well!!

Fluffy - many thanks for the link, very interesting. I do remember discovering Suntour in the pages of that Ron Kit catalogue and being surprised that so few of the bikes available used Suntour kit. I think only the Konas of the time used it, and very nice it seemed too.

531Pro - nope, no help whatsoever! However it's good to see that I'm not the only one with fond memories of leafing through the pages dreaming of being able to afford more than a pair of toe-straps and a water bottle...

Still looking then...

I've got the full set of the 1984 edition and it has proved to be an invaluable source of information.

Hi

Yes I have a Copy of the Ron Kitching , Everything Cycling ,Spring 1989
catalogue . Cost me £2.50.

It shows the Vitus 979 Dural . Priced at £295 . with all the Frame dimensions and the Vitus VTT Dural priced at £345

Regards

eugene":g59ynixs said:
Hi

It shows the Vitus 979 Dural . Priced at £295 . with all the Frame dimensions and the Vitus VTT Dural priced at £345

Regards

Talk about a thread coming back from the dead! Fantastic! Do you want to sell your copy? If so, please let me know how much you'd like for it. If not, is there any chance of some scans? I'd love to see the cover as well as the Vitus détails but also the Suntour pages. :D

eugene":2tt3reb9 said:
Hi

Regards
Yes, I am interested in selling,What do you think is a Fair Price..? coureur@tiscali.co.uk

Well, a long time after joining this site and tentatively asking if anyone has one of these catalogues, I finally have one! Many thanks Len - it's arrived and is in impeccable condition. I've been through it and it's a real trip down memory lane. I'll scan a few pages when I get a moment.

:D

Back