Falcon catalogue

Abaca

Old School Hero
Hi

IV been searching but to no avail,I picked up a Falcon road bike Racer 12 but I can't find any information on this bike apart from I believe there was a Team Banana version of it but the specs look different.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13VimzC ... p=drivesdk

Has a Reynolds 500 sticker on if that helps, though I suspect the previous owner of sticking it on himself.

Thanks

Falcon were a law unto themselves, I'm not surprised if there is no info. They might not have bothered to make a brochure, maybe the brochure guy had a hangover that day lol

Midlife":1icei4o5 said:
Falcon were a law unto themselves, I'm not surprised if there is no info. They might not have bothered to make a brochure, maybe the brochure guy had a hangover that day lol

Lol so funny. Don’t have a Falcon Banana brochure, but do have one from 1978!

Re:

I am compiling a list of Falcon models and when they were produced pre 1987. I can reference catalogues for 1956, 1962, 1963, 1973, 1974 1980 x2 and 1983.

I do not have a reference for a 1978 catalogue. Could you post a scan of it please?

I also have two pages of an unidentified catalogue entry. Can anyone help identify the date?

Clues:
The typeface for "Falcon" appears to be prior to the 1980 style (which has a pointed top to the "o") and matches that used in 1973 and 1974.
The San Remo model number is 276 rather than 76. (I am not sure when the unfathomable Falcon numbering system started using the 200 series)

Attachments

• FALCAT1L.jpg
    FALCAT1L.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 11,469
  • Falcat2l.jpg
    Falcat2l.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 11,469
Re:

A bit of a thread resurrection.

I have just bought a 1963 Falcon (the date is taken from the Williams cottered cranks and Weinman brake date codes), and am struggling to find the model. It is not a San Remo, and is 531 plain gauge. It's orange with chromed head tube lugs and fancy bottom bracket lugs.

Any ideas? (especially Mandobob with the 1963 brochure!)

Back