[ebay.co.uk]Mystery S-Works

this seller earns a living painting frames i think .
he seems to have lots of specialized for sale . :?

Correct he used to be based in Colchester Essex and for some time was the offical paint shop and re finishiner for all of Speshs uk warrenty work .

Fair enough. Still never seen a s-works road frame like that.

The seller is Andy Palmer of API resprays. He is a part sponsor of a road team (who ride specialized I believe) and carries/carried out all specialized warranty resprays. He did a few of my bikes in the past and was a top fella as I recall.

I would guess that he probably has ex-team frames, frames that people have had resprayed and not collected or paid for and frames that Specialized have written off on warranty claims.

pete_mcc":3fkiykzt said:
The seller is Andy Palmer of API resprays. He is a part sponsor of a road team (who ride specialized I believe) and carries/carried out all specialized warranty resprays. He did a few of my bikes in the past and was a top fella as I recall.

I would guess that he probably has ex-team frames, frames that people have had resprayed and not collected or paid for and frames that Specialized have written off on warranty claims.

Don't doubt any of that, the first bit at least.

Only doubt would be that every alloy s-works road frame I've ever seen (there were two IIRC, the M4 and E5) had an aero seat tube. Whcih this doesn't. As ever stand to be corrected so i've dropped him an email.

Latest posts

Back