[ebay.com]Columbus TSX Lemond

Hi John

This is nice, couple of points you noticed with the other sale though which I think was advertised as a team replica frameset.

For starters this colour scheme was only used in the 1990 season.

I dont remember seeing any riders on the TSX frameset only the TVT version. This is a replica that was made. You can tell this by the white Ten Speed Drive Imports sticker. As the frames were built by Billato Bros / Serotta amongst other builders and then shipped to Gregs import company Tommaso / TSDI in America where they were sprayed (using special Dupon paint from research) with the stickers applied including the TSD Imports label were applied. All the stickers including the TSDI label are lacquered over.

One way to tell if it is a Billato bike is to spin the frameset upside down to see if anyting is stamped on the brake bridge. My white one has Silva stamped (short for one of the brothers Silvano). Only found this out this week as ther is another ebay listing with a GAN replica bike where the buyer explained this. Wondered what this was but now i know.

I need to check my Coal Black Z replica bike (Lemond range replica of the Calfee Z bike) as to what is stamped under this. This one I own does not have the TSDI label so not sure if this was sparayed by Billato or in the states.

Hope this is of use to someone, just some of the info I have found out from research over the past months.

the owner reckons its the lightest steel ever produced. If this is correct I'm surprised they applied chrome plate which makes metal brittle. Hence the demise of chrome spokes (rust also) and the reason no 753 frames were chromed.

my 753 Lloyd is partially chromed............... (yes i know, it'll fall to bits :0 )

From memory Peugeot also did a Perthus Pro in 753 with partial chrome also.

Andy

Lemond Fan":3fkh7ii0 said:
Hi John

This is nice, couple of points you noticed with the other sale though which I think was advertised as a team replica frameset.

For starters this colour scheme was only used in the 1990 season.

I dont remember seeing any riders on the TSX frameset only the TVT version. This is a replica that was made. You can tell this by the white Ten Speed Drive Imports sticker. As the frames were built by Billato Bros / Serotta amongst other builders and then shipped to Gregs import company Tommaso / TSDI in America where they were sprayed (using special Dupon paint from research) with the stickers applied including the TSD Imports label were applied. All the stickers including the TSDI label are lacquered over.

One way to tell if it is a Billato bike is to spin the frameset upside down to see if anyting is stamped on the brake bridge. My white one has Silva stamped (short for one of the brothers Silvano). Only found this out this week as ther is another ebay listing with a GAN replica bike where the buyer explained this. Wondered what this was but now i know.

I need to check my Coal Black Z replica bike (Lemond range replica of the Calfee Z bike) as to what is stamped under this. This one I own does not have the TSDI label so not sure if this was sparayed by Billato or in the states.

Hope this is of use to someone, just some of the info I have found out from research over the past months.

Top quality information.

Back