Terry Dolan 56cm steel road w.Dura-Ace/ Ultegra c.2004.

Max T

Retro Newbie
Hi, My Terry Dolan is for sale on ebay with full pictures.
7 day auction to close at 8pm 30th March.
Thanks,
Karl.

33574827788_6ee02f9f92_k.jpg

Full pictures here:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/153426432275

Terry Dolan 56cm steel road bike w.Dura-Ace/ Ultegra mix.

Size 56cm (bb to top of seat tube). Suits 5'10" to 6' tall. Top tube 55cm c-t-c.
9 speed chainset. 1" steerer.

Frame is triple butted Deddacciai EOM steel tubing. Made around '03-'05. Front fork is a newer carbon with 1" alloy steerer (original was all steel). As seen in pictures, I disassembled it, fully cleaned everything and lovingly rebuilt it.

It rides very comfortably with the classic steel 'springy' lively feel (more comfy than a Canyon Ultimate CF). Pretty aero compared to modern oversized carbon frames and the geometry naturally settles the rider into quite a race position. It eats the miles on a gusty Spring/ Autumn day and comfy for those 3+ hr rides to build base fitness. The fork rake gives it a sportive-like steady steering (not twitchy), but the frame begs to be pushed.
I'm having second thoughts about selling after writing the above!

Terry Dolan company said this about a very similar frame:
"We had this particular frame manufactured in Italy and then painted at our paint shop here in the UK.
The EOM 16.5 was the best tubing that Dedacciai manufactured used by Bianchi Pinarello etc for their Pro Teams before the moved on to the lighter Aluminium tubeset's such as SC61 Scandium and now Carbon frames.
I hope this shed's some light on your bike it still looks great by the way a very unique frame."
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=311217

Bike has brand new chain, bar tape, front tyre, saddle and rear wheel.

Components:
Shifters Dura-Ace ST-7700 9 speed.
Brakes Ultegra BB-6500
Cranks Ultegra level FC-R700 compact cranks 172.5mm
Chainrings Stronglight 48T/ Shimano 34T w. alloy chain bolts.
Handlebar 3T 40cm c-t-c.
Rear mech Ultegra RD 6500.
Front mech Sora.
Chain KMC 9sp X.
Seatpost FSA- SK carbon with 20mm setback.
Saddle Selle Diamondback.
Bottom bracket Trailbright XT Tech 2. Plenty of life in it.
Front wheel: Nice Velocity Fusion 18-spoke rim I laced with Sapim CX-Ray aero spokes to a Hope hub. Tyre Continental Ultrasport 25mm.
Rear wheel: Just a cheap Shimano QR17 32-spoke wheel with Bontrager Race All Weather 28mm tyre.
Stem Shimano Pro LT 120mm alloy.
Jagwire cable outers, colour coordinated to match the frame.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Latest posts

Back