eBay Raleigh SBDU6608 ? 753 PRO

marshalllucky

Retro Guru
Lovely Refurbished 753 pro super. Ends in under 2 days but already at £745 suspect it`ll go much higher as it has a super record derailleur and new old stock Cinelli bars and stem. Seller listed as serial number 809985 but suspect he`s reading it upside down and its actually SB6608 ?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-RALE ... 1431.l2649

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Midlife":2adbg58r said:
I thought the pro super was the all chrome jobby?

Mine is a Pro Super, chrome rear triangle and forks, white pearl (Oyster) paint and built from 531 Pro hence the name.

Rk.

I can't make out if the seller knows what they have or not - especially as they quoted the frame number so wrong. Looks like the seller is going from the Raleigh catalogue they have included as an image in the advert. It has a wrongly defined frame as a "753 Pro Super - Frame built from 753 Pro Tubing", It just doesn't exist, Raleigh didn't always get their own material correct. In 1984 the SBDU simply described these as a 753 Road Frame.

Still a nice frame, but it is getting the eBay treatment in terms of pricing.

Re:

It didn't go too mad on eBay £765. When you take off the cost of the parts that were included, I think that is about right. It is "normal human" sized too which is always a bonus.

Latest posts

Back