Thierry Marie's Raleigh Castorama TT Frame (Cyfac made)

shushuwheels":2h1sf10b said:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/153227411307?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

God damn. If I had the disposal cash and was drunk even more I'd bag that up and also organise prologues in the village.

Wooof. What a time warp. On a epic scale.

>goes off to the backlit bar and contemplates youth dreams vs. reality<

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
"This may be the very frame Thierry Marie won the Tour de France Prologue on."

Well, with that kind of guarantee.....

Midlife":jp7zxv3u said:
Is that a picture of the real one?

I simply googled Thierry Marie's prologue bike. This one came up as well as this one.

Attachments

• 6bb7c3ed0b37a6161bf3223c2a4143cd--bucket-seats-old-school.jpg
    6bb7c3ed0b37a6161bf3223c2a4143cd--bucket-seats-old-school.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 2,232
It’s not even worth that more like 300 as there is no actual document of authenticity that Thierry Marie rode that supposed Raleigh frame..... Red Flag for me here....even the stated nor original paint is a clue to be very wary.....

Nob":3tug77kz said:
It’s not even worth that more like 300 as there is no actual document of authenticity that Thierry Marie rode that supposed Raleigh frame..... Red Flag for me here....even the stated nor original paint is a clue to be very wary.....

Hi this is my frame. It has been confirmed by Cyfac to have been built for Thierry Marie for the 1990 Season - which he was racing for Castorama. They rode bikes badged as Raleighs.

The frame number is MT 1 90 687, which suggests this was the first frame made for Thierry in 1990. How many of these frames they made for Thierry I have no idea, and I have no certificate, and the frame WAS resprayed before I got it. Hence this MAY have been the frmae he won the prologue on. Maybe not. But it was definitely his frame.

Then you need to get a certificate of authenticity confirming it was actually ridden by the man... all is hearsay in today’s world & the value is not what you want it to be....

Nob":13q5njqj said:
Then you need to get a certificate of authenticity confirming it was actually ridden by the man... all is hearsay in today’s world & the value is not what you want it to be....

Hi, thanks again for your input but please re-read my advert.

All facts have been presented completely transparently.

I do not require a certificate of authenticity confirming "that it was actually ridden by the man" to suggest that it may have been ridden by him, especially as it was made for him and that the frame number and Cyfac history bears this out.

At no point have I suggested certainty to this being the frame he rode in the prologue. If I had, then yes I would agree a certificate of authenticity would likely be required to backup the veracity of my claims.

Secondly, in terms of value, my listing is an auction that started at 99p with no reserve so the price is determined by the market.

In my opinion this is a fantastic frame, made by one of the top builders for a professional Tour de France stage winner. It may or may not be the exact piece of metal that he rode to glory.

Best regards

Back