1960s Fixed Gear BSA Goldcrest - £195 ONO

hawkhill97

Retro Guru
*** 1960s Fixed Gear BSA Goldcrest ***

More pics and info available on the gumtree ad linked below:

https://www.gumtree.com/p/bicycles/vint ... 1295220765

The frame is sized 57 cm (22.5") measured from the centre of the bottom bracket to the top of the seat tube. I'm around 5' 9" and find it very comfortable with the saddle and bar height pictured, which gives a fairly racy riding posture.

I stripped down and rebuilt this bike about a year ago to complete a conversion to a fixed gear set-up, adding the following new parts:

New rim on front wheel
New rim on rear wheel (laced onto flip-flop fixed/freewheel hub)
New Schwalbe puncture resistant gumwall tyres
New 1/8" track chain
New brake blocks front and rear
New bar tape
New bottom bracket
New bearings & grease all around

Since doing the conversion I have put around 300 miles on the bike, and it has been meticulously looked after, so the wheels, tyres, chain, and brake blocks are all essentially as new.

The frame, bars, seatpost, leather saddle, wheel hubs, crankset, brake calipers and levers, and Bluemels frame mounted pump are all the original 1960s kit. All these are in perfect functional condition, and while they do have visible age related patina, this is all part of the character of a classic bike.

Although I'm stuck in the 1960s and still use toe clips & straps, the pedals look like they are also suitable for use with clipless shoes (see photo).

I am happy to post more pictures as requested, or to answer any questions about the condition of the bike.

I'm based in Tiverton, Devon. I'd prefer the buyer to collect so that there's a chance for a test ride and to look over the bike together, but would consider posting at the buyers expense for the right buyer.

Attachments

• bike.JPG
    bike.JPG
    164.9 KB · Views: 757
Very nice bike. But you might want to contact the site admin to transfer the ad because it's not in the complete bikes forum.

Back