Raleigh 531 Super Chrome

Doesn't look like the 531pro super I recall, it's not 531 pro and the frame design and paintwork are different...... Nice though :)

There's a few versions of these around. Mine was 531 Pro, different forks to this though with chrome bottoms, the blue to the top, but still the crown chromed. I've seen 100% chrome forks before.

Optimistic price though, and the Service Courses decals I'm not so sure about?

Re:

It's beautiful, but I'd only have it in the 531 Pro version . . can't imagine why someone spent all that money to have it done in 531c and not spend a little more in having it done properly. .

This is a 531c Services des Courses in Chrome and Team colours - different to the 531 Pro Super. These were just as popular than the 531 Pro Super, maybe more popular. As this is the SDC frame, it has a complete set of Cinelli lugs (fork crown, head lugs, seat lug and BB). Because of the Cinelli seat lug, these frames always had side attached seat stays with the over size cap. The 531 Pro would typically have the standard Prugnat lugs and Haden BB with just a Cinelli crown. It's different to the one that was on Marktplaats recently - chrome was very popular in this period, for example, 50% of the SB 531c/531P frames were chromed in this style in 1985.

Latest posts

Back