Merckx MX Leader frame and forks, red TT 56, ST 55 c-t

Merlin

Old School Hero
This was my favourite frame but, since I started building my own frames, this has been unridden and stored in the dry (as a frame) since 2012.

Good condition with some minor scratches, no dents. Headset included

Top tube 56cm centre to centre, seat tube 55cm centre to top.

No longer available on here. Listed on eBay 10/07/2018

Attachments

• DSC02059WL.JPG
    DSC02059WL.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 1,682
  • DSC02060WL.JPG
    DSC02060WL.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 1,678
  • DSC02063WL.JPG
    DSC02063WL.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 1,679
  • DSC02062WL.JPG
    DSC02062WL.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 1,680
Re:

V V nice.

Glad im not closer ; - )

Would be awesome to see some of the frames your building if you dont mind sharing.

good luck with the sale

Re: Re:

Camberwell123":2stbo1ch said:
V V nice.

Glad im not closer ; - )

Would be awesome to see some of the frames your building if you dont mind sharing.

good luck with the sale

Thank you.
I have posted some of my frames on here. Some of the parts which came off the red Merckx frame went on to this frame.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=356698

Re:

I'm very surprised this frame hasn't sold yet. Judging by the photos I would say it's in excellent condition and the chrome looks spotless.

400 gbps is a 'very' good price. Perhaps given it is collect only or as Christmas is fast approaching, folk are tightening their purse strings?

Re: Re:

citizen-snips":1qhv483e said:
I'm very surprised this frame hasn't sold yet. Judging by the photos I would say it's in excellent condition and the chrome looks spotless.

400 gbps is a 'very' good price. Perhaps given it is collect only or as Christmas is fast approaching, folk are tightening their purse strings?

Thank you for the comments. This is the second MX Leader I have owned. The first one was a size smaller and I sold it on eBay for £780 plus postage after I bought this red frame, which fitted me better. I have listed it as collect only to see whether there are any takers on here to save me the trouble of packing and posting. If it has not gone by next spring I may put it on eBay for 99p, which is what I did with the one that sold for £780, and be prepared to pack it and post it.

And still no one is interested?

Come on folks for 400 this really is an amazing deal.

An MXL built around a modern gruppo and light wheelset, in terms of lugged steel, really doesn't get much better than this. The ride quality is totally sublime.

FWIW I've got a two. One of built with 11v Super Record/Record and Ambrosio nemesis tubulars. The other on 2nd gen 9v Record/Chorus with 36 hole clinchers.

Okay, perhaps they're not as nimble as a modern carbon rig, i.e C60 or Canyon, etc, but as said, for a steel bike I really think this frame could be classed as legendary.

Note, the frame will comfortably fit 25mm tyres. I ride mine with 25mm Veloflex Masters and 25mm Veloflex Roubaix tubulars.

Re:

This is very nice, been after a red Merckx for years but agree that you are limiting the sale to fewer people by making it collection only. For £400 I'd buy it now but as I live in Portsmouth and don't drive...........
GLWS

Latest posts

Back