Lovely Dave Lloyd Concept 90

Re:

I had one of these NOS and like most of them it was a 650b. Very small market for them but they were very well finished and had a cult following. They sold particularly well for those who had access to velodromes in the day and cycle tracks (Greater London).

Re: Re:

PeterPerfect":2pkypkwl said:
... and like most of them it was a 650b...

Interesting, didn't know that. Lovely frames :) This one went cheap!

(will be posting mine up again here soon ;) )

Re:

The Concept 90 used 700c wheels, the 800TRI and the much later Quantum 650 used 650 wheels.

Of course as a custom builder I'm sure Dave could make whatever you wanted, I recently found a very small conventional frame with 650 wheels for a friend.

The frame on ebay has had the earlier 1980's style decals applied when it was resprayed.

DL%201.jpg

Re: Re:

NeilM":3or639s7 said:
The frame on ebay has had the earlier 1980's style decals applied when it was resprayed.

Noticed that as well. Will be posting mine as soon as I find somewhere new to host my pics :( Just noticed last night all my old posts have been ruined by Photobucket's change of rules

Re:

I use my dropbox account, but there are loads of other providers out there.

I started work on my son's Concept 90 today, it is very unusual as it is welded and also has hooded dropouts. I am guessing it might be 853, or maybe even Ritchey tubing, but there is nothing on the frame to indicate either.

Gotta love custom made frames.

Re:

Ah! Dropbox it is then :) Will get to it ASAP Shame about everyones old posts being ruined by PB though :twisted:

Your son's Concept 90 sounds cool! Is it up on here yet? Just thought: We should start a Concept 90 fan topic sometime! Would be interesting coz there seem to have been sooooo many variations: Custom frames, as you say :)

Back