Paganini Columbus slx 59/60cm

johnnyp3000

Devout Dirtbag
This is on eBay too but posting here too in case anyone is interested : https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/263103468250

80s/90s Paganini road bike. Very nice frame steel road bike, the bike is top grade Columbus slx steel and was made by a famously Belgium shop under the Paganini brand name, I found you google it you will find more info but they also I believe produced the ciocc frames of the era. It is certainly a very nicely detailed frame with a race number holder under the top tube, internal cable routing and embossed paganini stamp under the bb, on the bb shell and on the seat tube clamp. it has a very nice paint job which is unfortunately a bit scratched in places but the chromed seat and chainstays are near perfect.

I originally ran the bike as a single speed but have recently rebuilt with period parts as a 10 speed racer with a very nice indexed shimano 600 group.

Quick list of parts:

Frame: Paganini Columbus slx tubing

Forks: profile carbon

Wheels:Mavic open 4cd ceramic coated dark coloured rims on shimano hubs (think they are 600 series)

Tyres: hardly ridden on continental gatorskins 25c

Headset: campagnolo chorus

Bars: ritchey wcs classic

Stem: ITM big one

Crankset: shimano 600

Front derailleur: shimano 600

Rear derailleur: shimano 600

Gear shifters: shimano 600

Brakes: shimano 600

Brake levers: modern tektro (would be tempted to change these to something more in keeping)

Saddle: selle Italia Xr

Pedals: alloy with clips

All in all a really nice looking classic, which rides very qsmooth and quietly! Much quieter than my modern carbon bikes. Usual reason for selling, too many bikes and not enough space...

Top tube measures 58cm and seat tube 59/60. I am 6ft 2 and the saddle height is set for me if that helps. I would say it would fit anyone 6ft to 6ft4.

Collection and cash only please from south east London.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Latest posts

Back