700x25 Purchased July 2016
Saddle Original Cannondale
Seat stem Cannondale C2 alloy 300mm
Handlebars FSA wing pro
No pedals Pedals not included

Please note that I have offered this bike for sale by auction on eBay

Re:

Welcome.

Nice looking bike (found it at http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/253050221587), though it's 12 years old and also not retro, so I'd suspect you're going to have to be a fair bit more realistic with your asking price to sell it here...

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re: Cannondale six13 2005 Team edition Silver/Black

If it's on ebay it will need to go onto the ebay watch section rather than here.

Jamie

Jamiedyer":1lt4k16f said:
If it's on ebay it will need to go onto the ebay watch section rather than here.

Jamie

Your correct but the ad now has a price on it (£850)

Shouldn't be cross posted on here, if it's for sale on ebay it's an ebay ad. :)
We have had this before as what happens if someone on ebay bids £900? Is it still for sale here at £850? I doubt it, which is why it should be here. Not fair on ebay bidders if it's pulled either, and supposed to be against ebays rules to list elsewhere. So not fair either way.
General rule is that if it's for sale on ebay then if it's on here it should be in the ebay section with open to sell on here for £XXX amount.

Jamie

In reply to the criticisms:
If there was an easy to find guide to selling rules, I would happily follow them
I did not know there was an 'ebay watch forum', otherwise I would have used it
I am a responsible user of ebay and I am sure no-one was going to offer me £850 on RetroBike, the potential buyers would all try to get a bargain on ebay.
If I had ended the auction on ebay I would still pay the ebay fees, it's how I am
I was referred to this site by a Bike Shop manager who felt readers might like to know about this bike
I will never use this website again (you will no doubt be happy about that)

The rules are easily available at the top of the for sale section page. Highlighted in yellow at the top of the listing page it states that 'all ads must have a price'
You found the for sale section easily enough and two places below it is the ebay watch section.
The rules, once again are at the top of the page and in big bold letters it states, no cross posting of adverts.
It doesn't matter whether someone was going to offer your asking price or not, they are the rules, clearly stated and you took a chance that someone would come under and offer you it on here. Using ebay quite a bit myself, if it was a standard listing withdrawn from sale there would be no fee's attached.
Your reply to this thread even after I moved it has only come once you have now put 'sold' on it, so thanks for trying to sort in a civilised manner before you got your profit. If you do wish to use the forum again it is asked that you follow the rules the same as everyone else, if you have trouble finding them, even after they are shown to exist any of the mods will be glad to show you and advise on anything that isn't clear. I am neither happy if you use it again or don't, but as suspected you only came to sell something rather than contribute, so I doubt whether you would have returned anyway.
It was a nice Cannondale for sure, as I stated and it was advised that there was a problem with it earlier and no attempt was made to fix it or move it, let alone ask what the problem was. I moved it without modifying, just put it in the right place. There was no criticism, only pointing out that it was going against the rules by the way it was posted.
If you thought no one was going to buy it for £850 on retrobike, why put it for £850 on retrobike and then have an issue when it gets put in the auction watch section?
Here is a screenshot of the 'for sale complete' section you posted in and I have highlighted where the rule and guidance are shown along with the basic outlines. They are at the top of the page in yellow.
Thanks and all the best.

Jamie

Screenshot (1)_LI by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Back