Fully restored Carlton apparently

Stump28

Dirt Disciple
Has anyone else clocked this on eBay, it's in "as good a condition as you could find" and has had £900 or more spent on restoration. I'm sure someone will want to snap it up

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/322586793488

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
£850, it's barely worth a half of that. It's a really nice bike but really, what drivel, a restoration that's only been used for promo work!!!! with all that surface rust, cobwebs and dust. It's been restored then sat in a garage for years. To be honest it's a laugh that the seller wants well over the odds for it but can't be arsed to even wash it before listing it. To me that shows me to be wary of the seller. Everyone bigs up there machine but the pictures don't bare a resemblance to the description.
It is a lovely Carlton, I do like it despite what I said about the advert itself.
Be interesting to see if this sells for that.
You will never get restoration costs back. I have looked at getting my King of Mercia repainted and it will be about £450 at Mercian but even once done, it's still a $300 frame at most.

Jamie

Reading back through this, your post doesn't sound grumpy like mine :) It wasn't meant to come across like that.
Maybe I'm getting old ;)
And now it might not even be a Carlton......... I don't believe it! :) :)

Jamie

Re:

Jamie, I'm not one for slagging off bikes regardless of condition etc, I'm certainly not an elitist by any means but like you I just found the write up to be rediculous!

Hi Stump 28, despite the above sound off, I too tend not to comment on peoples ads or what they think the machine is worth. I generally just move on past as I'm no expert or close to it, just know whether it's worth that to me or not. This one though, my opinion is that someone has restored it years ago and it's gone back in the shed, now they have pulled it out and thought about selling it, thought we better big it up but they are still seeing the bike they had restored, not what I see.
I don't know whether it is a Carlton now but it's a nice machine but it had got surface rust and there's dust and cobwebs on it.
As for it being a stand out Carlton, yours leaves it in the shade by far.
Nobs price estimate is closer than theirs I think :)

Jamie

Re:

Amazing!

There are some bonnie ones around going for a third of that price.

It has nice lugs, and will polish up nicely I am sure, but you have to wonder if they researched before setting that price.

Back