1989 Lemond TVT #36 of 300 Signed - Original in good shape

dsmbike

Retro Newbie
I'm getting ready to sell my 1989 Lemond TVT bike that is #36 of 300 Limited Edition signed by Greg Lemond. Please share your advice for how to sell (e.g., ebay, other forums, etc) and price estimates. It's in good, but not great shape. The metal lugs and components have been cleaned and polished and there was a touch up for paint that flaked off the brake bridge - the touch up is a fair match and was done to protect the underlying carbon fiber frame. The components look great and are seemingly original - Mavic SSC brakes and derailleurs, Mavic bars and stem, Mavic starfish crank, even the lightweight magnesium Time pedals. It does have Campagnolo Omega rims even though I think I read it came with Mavic tubular. Greg Lemond's signature is faded. I'll have pics and details in a few weeks and just wanted to get an approximate price range.

For background, http://redkiteprayer.com/2014/07/greg-l ... vt-carbon/
https://www.bikerumor.com/2014/08/05/bi ... vt-carbon/

There's currently one not selling for $3500 on Ebay

It's one of my favourite bikes & I would love it. I reckon max $2500 and I wouldn't pay that because I don't have that sort of money!

Who knows though. The only way to value it is to put it on Ebay and see what it fetches in an auction.

Good luck - get some pics up!!

Must have gone - just had a look and no longer there. It was Ebay.com

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Thanks - it'd be great to find someone that wants to enjoy it. The Mavic parts are unique and really highlight what was a big shift in technology that was happening then. Once Lemond won on the TVT, carbon took off.

Back