A potential SBDU frameset for reasonable money

onegoodbike

Merlin Fan
Feedback
View
......probably worth checking with the seller before pulling the trigger, but if you can believe the stickers there's an SBDU frameset underneath all that modern kit. By the time you've moved on all the chaff it's fitted with, you could have a nice frameset in team colours for quite reasonable money?.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Raleigh-Reyno ... SwmgJY36DK

Matt

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Very true Shaun, I think a question to ascertain the serial number (I guessing if it is one it would be an early one because of the features you have mentioned?) would be wise before spending any cash, I've also just noticed that one of the cable guides in damaged, so perhaps not such a good buy after all! :(

Matt

Early ones may have had drilled dropouts too. I'm on holiday in Filey attached to the Internet by string and a tin can so got fed up of all the pics loading. I'll have a go later :)

Shaun

Re:

.....what is the world coming to?, you mention something on here that might be a reasonable buy and it goes up fifty quid! :shock: .

Re:

dropout brazing doesn't look right.

Has been repainted, looks lumpy above the 531 sticker.
You'd think they'd show serial number if showing the stickers.

Re:

Saw that Monday evening, it's not an sbdu, looks late 70s early 80s Worksop or lightweight unit, Raleigh equipe or similar.

Back