The History Man

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Overbury's Fan
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

The seller says its been refurbished and is in good condition, but fails to mention the drive side dropout which looks to have received some serious heat.

Dave Moulton has written a few articles on frame size and geometry including how the angles change with size..... Interesting :)

Shaun

Midlife":259jidsn said:
Dave Moulton has written a few articles on frame size and geometry including how the angles change with size..... Interesting :)

Shaun

And?

Midlife":mw1rbujh said:
You asked about the seat tube/ head tube angle and geometry in your OP.

Shaun

Yes but I have others with far less steep/contrasts. So what's this all about then? You didn't really give a view or shed light yourself. Or do I call Dave ? :LOL:

With parallel frames the top tube stays the same whatever the size, There is one theory that you need to increase the top tube length with frame size because of longer arms but without increasing the wheelbase. Thus the head tube angle gets steeper to increase the top tube length. Other option is to buy a bigger stem. Opposite applies to small frames.... Depends on who you get to build your frame.

Shaun

"It was a frame I found a few years ago and even with Argos' help we could not track down the maker It had a sticker on it for a dealer in Kent who we contacted but the shop had changed hads .The only thing they said was that the previous owner bought from whoever could make at the time and then he badged it himself............Yes it is a very steep angle but as I say I dont know the history prior to my getting it.Gary at Argos refurbished it and converted the stem."

Back