Raleigh TT special

Almost three days gone and no bids.
If it was in the Red/Black/Yellow colour scheme it would probably be well over £500 by now.

Watching this with interest. First one I have been on The 'Bay since I bought mine in August.

Mine had been resprayed with a rattle can though, so as non original as you can get, hence the price was great. Agree with Matt70 that this has a nice patina if you are into the aged look, but personally if I bought this it would be to respray to give it another 30 years, so the price is already getting high in that respect.

It's gone over my set limit I had in mind which was £250. The rust on it would annoy me and I'd have to have it refinished.

Shaun

Re:

That would have been about my limit because you will spend another couple of hundred at least putting it right. I paid a smidgen more that that for a complete bike, none of that parts were period and I ended up selling them for more than I paid. I was going to throw the bifter away, but ended up cleaning them and putting on ebay to get £60. Couldn't believe it!

Re:

I thought it might go for a bit more than that, it was well described with good photos, I reckon someone did ok for themselves (I guess the rust in the pics counted against it?).

There seems to be quite a discrepancy in prices for SBDU frames, I guess the lesson is if you've got one to sell get it sprayed in 70's T.I. team colours! :LOL:

It went for a little less than I would have imagined.....I had set a limit of £250 as the rust would necessities having it refinished to my eyes.

On reflection i should have had a bigger budget as the difference was only a few bottles of nice wine....

Shaun

Back