Another Raleigh 753 frameset sells for over £1000

Re:

first post, i didnt know i was sitting on a very expensive bike :cool:
i have a Raleigh 753 for sale i bought it in 1984 my son was using it this past year but no longer he bought a carbon bike yesterday and i ride 2 other bike these days.
so yeah without going through ebay how is best to sell it.

Keep it :). I would

I'm not sure if the sales are genuine as the same stuff crops up again from time to time.

Shaun

Re: Re:

jags":35bsr9x9 said:
first post, i didnt know i was sitting on a very expensive bike :cool:
i have a Raleigh 753 for sale i bought it in 1984 my son was using it this past year but no longer he bought a carbon bike yesterday and i ride 2 other bike these days.
so yeah without going through ebay how is best to sell it.

You cannot rely on any eBay prices to judge how much something is worth, especially SBDU frames at the moment. The frame in the link above sold on eBay last week for approx £1100 and the very same frame sold on the Dutch Marktplaats site for approx 600 euro (approx £520) just a week earlier. Some eBay sales we've seen recently can be a little questionable.

I've just seen a complete 1983 753 bike in original Ti livery with complete original TI team spec (Super Record, Cinelli, Isca saddle and Mavic SSC rims) sell for under £500. That bike was miles above the quality of that frame and the whole bike was less than half the price of that frame. There is no logic for how much these frames are selling for at the moment.

thanks for the reply, still it's nice to know my frame is worth something.
i was thinking in the future i might get it professionally painted try and dig up the campag parts i had on it and just hang it on the wall.

jags":l6eak857 said:
thanks for the reply, still it's nice to know my frame is worth something.
i was thinking in the future i might get it professionally painted try and dig up the campag parts i had on it and just hang it on the wall.

Post some pics. Unless it is in dire condition then consider not painting it.

hah that me me laugh .
the frame needs a paint job for sure but other than that it's perfect no dents no scratches straight as as die .
i haven't a clue how to post pics honest,i will ask my son tomorrow if he can post photos .if you pm me your email i will send you photos only way i know how to do it sorry.

Back