Wrong forks Holdsworth £3k...

Grease Monkey

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
So the forks are apparently 'modern chrome replicas' and not some 20 quid abomination you could source from China...

When I pointed out to the seller that Holdsworth forks and frames have matched serial numbers on them his reply was 'well I could get a punch off eBay and make them myself, who would know?'

It's the naivete' of the concept of these bikes you have to admire!

Grease Monkey":3lxcjz14 said:
So the forks are apparently 'modern chrome replicas' and not some 20 quid abomination you could source from China...

When I pointed out to the seller that Holdsworth forks and frames have matched serial numbers on them his reply was 'well I could get a punch off eBay and make them myself, who would know?'

It's the naivete' of the concept of these bikes you have to admire!

Phew that's a relief, because they look like absolute tat to me :facepalm:

Well, this just in... I asked a simple question about the frame number and got this as a reply :

'I no longer have any interest in what you have to say or what your petty fellow anoraks on Retrobike say for that matter. Please refrain from contacting me again.'

Charmed, I'm sure.

Those forks are rather cheap and nasty as they are the same as my Bobbin, which is a bit cheap and nasty, but not wholly.

Re: Holdsworth forks

I find it astonishing that despite 2 warnings from eBay about being abusive and misconstruing, you continue to do so.

The reality is that your initial comment on eBay was that the forks were not original Holdsworth. I was unaware of that and I politely explained that I purchased the bike in good faith from the original owner. I have in fact noted in my listing that the forks may not be original Holdsworth. You then invited me to commission you to source hokdsworth forks through one of your contacts and when I declined you became abusive and offensive. You also asserted that the bike is worth half the value with its current forks which I disputed on the basis that Holdsworth forks may be economically BE sourced from eBay.

I am an honest eBay user and my feedback confirms that. If you choose to disagree with my adhering to the fork that came with the bike by all means do disagree. If you disagree with my assessment of its value again by all means do disagree. I have never asserted or inferred that I had the intention nor the option of purposefully deceiving anybody.

EBay is well informed with your attempt to falsely defame me and are monitoring the congruence of our conversation on eBay and what what you post on thus threat.

So please don't bid or ignore my listing if you font approve of my approach to the fork choice or if you disagree with my assessment of its value. But please refrain from misconstruing facts and falsely defaming me.

Thanks

Re:

Think what you will but no need to be crude. FYI eBay's terms, as the germs of this forum, is for members not to be abusive or offensive. We live in a civilised world and we can agree to disagree or hold different views without being abusive.

Back