DON'T buy your LVC Cap from this guy!!

rusty bodie

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I ordered this nice looking LVC cap from ebay recently.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201456369834? ... EBIDX%3AIT

The cap arrived with faulty printing so I contacted the seller who replied that all of his LVC hats are faulty like this! :shock: >>

There is no mention of this on his listing. I told him that I needed it for my imminent holiday and would he give me a discount and let me keep it. He declined and told me to send it back without any concession or apology whatsoever! I replied that in that case, I would leave him "an honest & accurate feedback" of events to which he responded with claims of "extortion" on my part and that he would report me to eBay!!

What could have easily been resolved with a simple, thoughtful gesture has now turned nasty.

Is it just me??!

:facepalm:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Sadly there a lot of chancers claiming for a discount after buying, citing one reason or another. Sometimes it is the seller at fault and vice versa. I would send it back for a full refund then there is no claim your a chancer.

If he has admitted they are all like that then he knows he is selling sub standard product and clearly isn't worth dealing with.

No it's not you - internet is full of people like this sadly. Good luck with your refund!

If you open a 'not as described' case then you get free return shipping too. So the exercise has cost you (but cost him £2.80 shipping) nothing.

As above, everyone seems to be roughly abusing the returns system and asking for a 'discount'. You can't blame him for simply asking to return the item. If enough people do so he'll be out of business soon. Seems a bit nasty to stamp over his feedback with your angry feet when you've had a full refund. Chalk it up to experience?

You sound like the kind of guy would only be happy with NOS original item. Bite the bullet and buy new you tight arse ;)

(speaking as a tight arse myself!)

Have you read his 'terms and conditions' under Legal Information? Christ, it's like a novel!!!
I'm pretty sure I know this guy, seen him at bike jumbles and I think he sells clothing at Eroica. Nice enough bloke, but repro kit is always going to dissapoint compared to the 'real thing'...

Shanner":m1gqm2lj said:
If you open a 'not as described' case then you get free return shipping too. So the exercise has cost you (but cost him £2.80 shipping) nothing.

As above, everyone seems to be roughly abusing the returns system and asking for a 'discount'. You can't blame him for simply asking to return the item. If enough people do so he'll be out of business soon. Seems a bit nasty to stamp over his feedback with your angry feet when you've had a full refund. Chalk it up to experience?

You sound like the kind of guy would only be happy with NOS original item. Bite the bullet and buy new you tight arse ;)

(speaking as a tight arse myself!)

Hmmm. Interesting point of view! Tight arse? Moi??! Definitely not, but I know what retro gear is worth!

Had I been in his shoes, I would have firstly APOLOGISED and then given two options - either return it or give the customer a couple of quid off and let him keep it. I have 100% Feedback and never shafted anyone over anything on ebay. It's not in my nature.

This incident has nothing to do with the cost of the cap - it's 100% to do with his appalling and aggressive attitude. He clearly goes by the motto "Attack is the best form of defence".

:x

I think more likely he's been the victim of repeated 'refund scammers' and is just justifiably pissed off at yet another one, however legitimate you may feel your grievance. I've a mate sells motorbike parts and memorabilia, he reckons at least 50% of his sales are now compromised by people claiming false refunds so he only offers 'return for refund' option. It's a disease on eBay.

Buying repro kit is always going to be a hit and miss activity. I only buy my vintage kit when I'm on holiday now as it's possible to pick up new, or very clean original jerseys in France, Belgium and Spain for a fraction you'd pay on eBay...

If he's been "the victim of repeated 'refund scammers'", it's probably because he's selling stuff not as described...

If it wasn't listed as a shonky knock-off, and it clearly is a shonky knock-off, I can see no dispute whatsoever. You gave him a chance and he wasn't interested so open the case and stuff his feedback, hopefully save someone else the hassle.

Back