Raleigh Medale - 1979 - 23.5" with new tyres in Dewsbury

DCLane

Dirt Disciple
This is my Raleigh Medale from June 1979 - which I bought from an elderly lady (it was her husband's) but am not able to keep: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162037651855 Start price £75

New tyres, tubes and bar tape fitted. It works fine with band-on 5 speed gearing. All other parts are original and he appeared fastidious about making sure everything was lubricated, although less so about cleaning off that lubricant. However - it's preserved all the parts well.

$_57.JPG

Features are:

•Steel frame, manufactured in Nottingham. Serial # NH9021327
•27" wheelset which has been polished.
•New Raleigh (badged Chen Shin) tyres with new tubes.
•Single front Raleigh crankset
•Rear Raleigh derailleur.
•Raleigh stem and bars
•New silver retro handlebar tape fitted
•Weinmann type 730 brakes front and rear
•Weinmann and Dia-Compe dual brake levers
•Quilted-style Selle Royal saddle
•Front and rear mini mudguards, retro style

The bike is nearly 40 years old but is in original condition. There are some minor scratches plus two small surface rust patches on the LH side of the frame. Also there is a pump cable-tied to the LH side of the frame.

Collection from Dewsbury, West Yorkshire (near M1 J40 / M62 J29) or I am happy to ride it to you up to 20 miles as long as there's public transport back.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back