Hmm....not the bargain it first seems, eh....!!

LikeClockwork

Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
By using it lots?
I've had more than one bike thats ended up like that after a couple of years racing, then a couple of years as a training bike then three or four more being used for wet weather riding/commuting and being left in a bike shed at work. 100000 miles of use will do that to any frame. (It's the commuting and the bike shed that does the damage.)

Then they die.

That's not dead, its my size so tempted but couldn't pick up :(
Really though, if its cheap enough, its worth getting a new top tube and a respray, on a budget of course.
I agree with Mattr, while I think its a shame it gets this far, not all bikes are bought as classic machines to be coveted. I have my Merckx and thankfully its been my pride and joy since new and didn't need to commute on it but I bought that from the factory sale to ride and do a few races on long before I was into, or it was retro. It was cheap because it was steel and nobody besides me it seemed wanted steel.

Jamie

Looks like a dog with big teeth has been swinging on the top tube but least stressed tube in a frame so probably got plenty of life left.

should probably be less money though ?...

Is the rear wheel in the middle of the frame? Looks a long way over in my pics? Has it been in some sort of smash?

Shaun

While I said you could change the tube and give it a repaint, I didn't mean 'I' would. ;)
When I see this its just too much of an unknown and not worth the bother. There are lots of lovely frames out there for that sort of money.

Jamie

Latest posts

Back