Alves

Thanks mate!
Message received and I have already put a bid on.
Its the perfect size and close enough to pick up :)
I will definitely be watching and hoping it stays low.

Jamie

Re:

i wonder if we checked the Chinese Calendar for 2016 if it would be "The Year of the Alves"...... they're coming out the woodwork aren't they?!

yeah that's a small frame Jamie, suits you sir!

colour is awful (each to their own.... i know, i know), but it is! as soon as i saw it i knew it was a respray, Charlie would never have painted it that colour! :LOL:

his sort of standard issue back then was a kind of burgundy metallic, with the Alves done in white and in caps, and that was a thin serif font like Times Regular with two thin white bands either side one the word ALVES

would be a nice acquisition that mate!

You mean like............

8fca0820b3f79d48447118af61e6de9f_zpsine2g4dc.jpg

If I was fortunate to remain the highest bidder I would maybe give it a respray. Candy apple red would be nice.
I couldn't do it by 'alves :LOL:

See what I did there ;)

Jamie

Re: Re:

velofrog":2kj1q10d said:
i wonder if we checked the Chinese Calendar for 2016 if it would be "The Year of the Alves"...... they're coming out the woodwork aren't they?!

yeah that's a small frame Jamie, suits you sir!

colour is awful (each to their own.... i know, i know), but it is! as soon as i saw it i knew it was a respray, Charlie would never have painted it that colour! :LOL:

his sort of standard issue back then was a kind of burgundy metallic, with the Alves done in white and in caps, and that was a thin serif font like Times Regular with two thin white bands either side one the word ALVES

would be a nice acquisition that mate!

The colour is almost exactly the same as the original. It wouldn't be my choice either but my wife had a very specific idea of what she wanted and no-one, not even Charlie Ralph, would argue with her...

It's a shame we have to sell it but 20 years on my wife simply can't get a decent position on this rig any more there's a bit of sentimental value but we'd much rather someone puts it to good use.

Just 2 hours left BTW...

My wife just informed me that I missed it by £1.20
Oh well, I was at work and couldn't get on line. Someone got a bargain I believe. It looked lovely.
Next time :)

Jamie

Back